RodrigoDC

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 10
List of the month
Posted Jul 12, 2012 - 10:24 AM:

Hello,

This issue may be resolved on a two-part request:

1. Under Admin Panel -> Settings -> Type Manage, I created two types of sponsorship called "sponsor" and "premium". So far so good. However, under Admin Panel -> Revenue -> Sponsorship when I attempt to create a new sponsorship level by clicking on the link "Add Listing Type Sponsorship Level", I had no issues creating a new level for "sponsor" at a certain amount for a certain time period to be charged manually (not using any online payment gateway yet). Again, so far so good.

Then I try to create a new level for "Premium", and when I do that, the script tells me "You cannot use the same item number twice." I'm probably doing something wrong, but what item number am I using twice? All I'm trying to do is create two levels of sponsorship (two paid products, if you will). One for regular paid listings, and another, more expensive level to be used exclusively by one listing, called premium, which will be featured as the business of the month. This is in addition to the free listings that I also wish to create. How do I do this?

2. Assuming I figure out what I'm doing wrong, once I have my business of the month listing (premium level) working, can I add this listing alone on another part of my website outside of the WSN directory as a php include command? I have a WordPress installation, and I wish to have my Business of the Month, one-link listing appear as part of the sidebar of the WordPress installation and do so dynamically. That is, whenever I change the premium member on my WSM admin panel, it will automatically change wherever such listing appears on my site, including on my WP installation. Does this make sense?

I hope my request was not too confusing.

Thanks,
Rodrigo
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 17, 2012 - 7:17 PM:

1. Item numbers are normally auto-calculated. I recall somebody else having the "same item number twice" problem recently. Searched my email, found it -- their problem was that some of their admin panel templates were outdated. Go to Admin -> Templates -> Manage Templates -> Admin CP Templates and see if anything's marked in the customized color -- if so, revert it to the default. Once the admin panel templates are up to date you should be able to add sponsorship levels properly.

2. To display listings from WSN in Wordpress, I'd suggest one of these approaches:
a) Install an RSS reader plugin for wordpress and then call the listing from WSN's RSS feed . rssfeed.php?type=listings&number=1&field=time&ascdesc=descending&thecondition=type='premium' would get you the premium listing.
b) More simply, with no need for plugins, just use WSN's javascript export. This won't show up to search engines or people with javascript turned off, though.

I've added this info into the Using WSN with WordPress article now.
RodrigoDC

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 10
Posted Jul 18, 2012 - 10:05 PM:

Thanks Paul. Your tips were perfect. I reverted the admin templates to standard, and that did the trick. I will also include a JS code on my WP template installation.

Thanks again!
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.