Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
narelle
mod rewrite error
Posted Sep 10, 2013 - 10:15 PM:

Hi
I am currently testing an update on one of my directories on a test server. When I turned on the mod-rewrite the root of the directory has an error: No such content exists. The link you are following seems to have been incorrect.
Using the full url: site.com/directory/index.php works but site.com/directory does not.
The htaccess code looks right when I compare it to another directory where it all works fine.
Any ideas what could be happening?
Regards
Narelle
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 11, 2013 - 7:26 AM:

Check the RewriteBase value at the top of the .htaccess and make sure it's set to /directory/

If the error still happens when you turn rewriting off then the web server probably isn't configured to recognize the .php extension for index pages. But if it only happens when rewriting is on and not when it's off, I can't imagine what could cause that if the rest of the rewriting works. I can have a look though: http://www.wsnlinks.com/inspection.html
narelle
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
narelle
Posted Sep 11, 2013 - 8:47 PM:

Paul wrote:
Check the RewriteBase value at the top of the .htaccess and make sure it's set to /directory/

If the error still happens when you turn rewriting off then the web server probably isn't configured to recognize the .php extension for index pages. But if it only happens when rewriting is on and not when it's off, I can't imagine what could cause that if the rest of the rewriting works. I can have a look though: http://www.wsnlinks.com/inspection.html

RewriteBase /directory/ is right

I turned off rewrite and it works as it should again. Turned it back on and I get the same error when I go to site.com/directory/

Strange confused

Will see how I go and may need you to take a look thanks. I hoped someone else may have experienced it before.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.