Moderator Permissions

Comments on Moderator Permissions

AutumnWindz

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 46
Moderator Permissions
Posted Jan 14, 2012 - 8:15 PM:

In the manage usergroups settings the choices on articles and categories are basically all or nothing and I need an in-between and I am not seeing that option.

What I need is for a Moderator (County Coordinator) to be able to edit all articles, categories and comments, regardless of the original poster, ONLY in their category and sub-categories. My volunteers are a very protective group of individuals and frown on someone else having access to their area.

On the Site Leader page, I would like it to show only the main category that they moderate, rather than all of the subcategories under it as well. Example - just Kankakee County - not Kankakee County, Offsite Links, Queries and Surnames, Books and Publications, Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois, 1876 Kankakee City Directory, Military, Kankakee Families

Thank you,
Barbara
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
1 of 1 people found this comment helpful
Posted Jan 16, 2012 - 12:38 AM:

Moderators should automatically have those permissions regardless of their usergroup. I'll run a test tomorrow to verify if that's still working.
AutumnWindz

Posted Jan 16, 2012 - 1:45 AM:

My apologies, you are correct, Moderators can edit all in their category and only their category, regardless of who wrote it. I have been doing so much logging in and out of different accounts and browsers trying to get everything ready for new moderators that I must have been logged in under administrator when I tried it.

I would still like to know if it is possible to only show the main category on the Site Leader page instead of all of the sub-categories as well.

Thank you,
Barbara
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 16, 2012 - 8:23 PM:

Set Admin -> Settings -> Categories -> "Should subcategories inherit moderators from their parents?" to "yes" and then de-list the moderators from the subcategories, only list them in the main category. That should make it only show the main category in the site leaders list.
AutumnWindz

Posted Jan 16, 2012 - 8:47 PM:

I tried that, however, it no longer allows them to moderate the subcategories. They are still the 'County Coordinator' and are to have the ability to moderate all subcategories in their county, they just don't need all of their subcategories listed on the Site Leaders page. Many counties will have the same subcategories and this just serves to confuse and clutter up the Site Leaders page.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 24, 2012 - 10:05 AM:

Sorry about the delay here. Their inability to moderate the subcategories when inheritence is turned on would be a bug, trying to find time to work on it, should be fixed in the next release.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 01, 2012 - 9:30 PM:

I'm unable to reproduce the problem unless I set moderator inheritance to "no". As long as it's on "yes" my test moderator is able to moderate the subcategory despite not being listed on it.

The only possibility I can find is that you might be using {CATHASMODERATORS} in some way. {CATHASMODERATORS} will return false in the subcategory. {CATHASMODERATORS} isn't used anywhere in current files or templates though, so I guess it's legacy from some old version. If it's in your templates try removing it.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.