Comments on New site, same setup

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Dec 15, 2008 - 3:35 AM:

In advanced it states "If you wish to create new installs with the same settings as this one or set a restore point for the panic option you can generate a new setup file, or generate a new database schema for the upgrade script."

How does this work? I want to setup a new site with the same setup. I click on the new database schema - but then what do I have to do to set the new site up?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 15, 2008 - 5:25 PM:

Then you want to click the setup file option, not the schema option... then copy /databases/ from that site to the new install before running setup.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 16, 2009 - 4:03 AM:

Hi Paul

After upgrading this option has been totally removed. Is there still an wasy way I can create a new install with the same settings?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 18, 2009 - 6:27 AM:

You can copy the settings table in phpmyadmin. (Should work fine without modification, since the URL and file path are also stored in config.php now.)
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 22, 2009 - 7:07 AM:

Paul wrote:
You can copy the settings table in phpmyadmin. (Should work fine without modification, since the URL and file path are also stored in config.php now.)

Just tried this but unfortunately it doesn't work. TBH I'm not quite sure what it did do. It certainly didn't add all my custom fields, localisation, usergroup settings.

Jill
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 3:38 PM:

No, it wouldn't do any of that. There's no way to do those without generating schemas that will mess up your upgrades on that install. I'll look into it.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 26, 2009 - 3:42 PM:

Manually visit admin/export.php?action=createsetup for the setup schema. Then you can copy over /schemas/ and /databases/ for a new manual install.

If you're careful, using admin/createschema.wsn?skiptemplate=1 will generate the database upgrade schema without a template schema. For new setup purposes this shouldn't be needed though.

I'll put an automated cloning method on my list of 5.1 ideas.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 26, 2009 - 10:09 PM:

Paul wrote:
Manually visit admin/export.php?action=createsetup for the setup schema. Then you can copy over /schemas/ and /databases/ for a new manual install.

If you're careful, using admin/createschema.wsn?skiptemplate=1 will generate the database upgrade schema without a template schema. For new setup purposes this shouldn't be needed though.

I'll put an automated cloning method on my list of 5.1 ideas.

Thanks Paul! I hope 5.1 won't mean another template rewrite for me?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 28, 2009 - 2:09 PM:

I would very much like to have the template changes be as minor as possible, but at this point I can't predict.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.