Comments on Prefix all wsn files

nelgin

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 39
Total Comments: 100
nelgin
Prefix all wsn files
Posted Sep 30, 2012 - 9:02 PM:

I'm looking at a different approach to get WSNLinks to look and feel like my main board, and in the process have decided I would like WNSLinks and MyBB to live in the same directory.

The problem is, there are a number of files that have common names, such as modcp.php, calendar.php, printthread.php and a few others.

I'm going to suggest similar to the MyBB group, but for things like this and knowing what belongs to where, having all filenames beloning to WSNLinks be preceded with wsn_ or wsnlinks_ would really help, or maybe have an added option of naming the individual files so the automatic upgrade doesn't wonder where these files have gone to.

Thanks,
Nigel
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 01, 2012 - 5:47 PM:

That's a really bad idea that would inevitably lead to a lot of breakage (not just upgrades, but all the internal links and all the various code that calls other files etc -- all that would become unreliable when trying to maintain dynamic naming, even if you ignore the huge development time), for no benefit that I can see. What can you possibly get from being in the same directory that you can't get from another directory? If you're doing some sort of PHP with relative path calls, just change the directory in the PHP with the same sort of code the scripts.webmastersite.net/w...k.php?action=detail&id=242 example uses.
nelgin

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 39
Total Comments: 100
nelgin
Posted Oct 01, 2012 - 6:17 PM:

Yeah, I was going to delete this but didn't get around to it. smiling face
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.