peumus
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 172
Total Comments: 462
peumus
Posted Jun 28, 2011 - 5:32 PM:

Hello Paul,

My host has migrated my site to a new server with as they call :  Each Hosting Account "Jailed"  .

At this new server they are reporting me the following:

"

Hi Daniel,

Our log files show that your site makes constant calls to the "uptime" command on the server - in fact, it does this for every page load.

On the new system, the uptime command is not available to PHP, and so I'm afraid you won't be able to use it. I would advise that you update the site's code so that it doesn't attempt to use this during every page load. This should actually also reduce the system resources that the site uses as it's a lot less executions on the server when someone browses around. "

An idea on how to override this difficulty ?

Daniel.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 30, 2011 - 2:20 PM:

Admin Panel -> Settings -> System Configuration -> set debug mode to either normal or suppress errors. Also make sure you haven't set a load level at which to reject guests, spiders, or turn on the cache system -- anything load level related involves the uptime command.

By the way you're running a version with known critical security vulnerabilities for quite some time now, so check if hackers are using up your server resources.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.