Register Log In

Settings > General Not working

Comments on Settings > General Not working

scriptwiki

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 11
Total Comments: 47
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 6:43 PM:

I tried to change something in the admin panel under settings > General and I clicked "Update Settings" I got this error

"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/prefs.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.tidget.com Port 80"

Next, I didn't change anything and just hit the submit button and I got the same error.

Then, I upgraded to 3.3.4. I still get that error.

I don't get it, the General page has worked before but now it doesn't. I have another copy of 3.3.4 on the same server and it works fine. So it can't be a server problem.

What is it?
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 11:40 PM:

Is it worth reuploading your prefs.php? Perhaps it became corrupted or something.
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Feb 17, 2006 - 12:03 PM:

Don't think that I've seen that particular error but ".. could not be found .." sounds like there may be a path problem.

Maybe turn off mod_rewrite and possibly comment out the WSN re-write rules in htaccess and see what happens.
scriptwiki

Posted Feb 17, 2006 - 4:18 PM:

None of those work. Any other ideas?
RedstoneMG

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 33
Posted Feb 18, 2006 - 8:56 AM:

Is it a script error or a settings error that could be fixed by copying your settings mysql from your working wsn?

Could try it and see. Backup the non-working settings mysql table. Replace it with the working wsn settings mysql table and see if it works.

If it does and you think it could be an invalid setting on the general page, just open your admin template for the general settings page to get the field names and cross reference them against the working & non-working one. Or just redo all your settings from the admin panel using the now working wsn...
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 7:20 PM:

The "appropriate representation" is a nonsensical error I've come across a few times in installs I have on one particular host (myqth.com), yet never seen on any other host. Googling it didn't help me figure out what it meant. Not sure if it's a host issue or something I'm doing different there, but it appeared undebugable as the error seems to be generated before any of the code executes. Perhaps it could be something related to the server being overloaded, RAM or the like... but it doesn't really seem like it.
scriptwiki

Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 7:33 PM:

Yeah, I tried working it for a few days but then I decided to reinstall everything. I only had a few members (tidget.com) so it wasn't a big deal.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.