Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Sponsored Links not working in Search
Sponsored Links not showing up in search results correctly.

Comments on Sponsored Links not working in Search

jca
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 3
jca
Sponsored Links not working in Search
Posted Oct 05, 2011 - 10:38 AM:

I'm trying to implement Sponsored Links in WSN Links 5.0.85. I've modified all the templates ("Show Links in Category", "Search Links", and "Search All") per instructions I've found here and added the "sponsored" link type, etc. in the admin settings. The Sponsored Links are working correctly when viewing links in a category.

But when searching WSN Links, the Sponsored Links produce an error -- they show the actual template linkbit code as the result rather than the filled in link information, appearing like this on the site:

{LINKTHUMBSHOT}
{LINKTITLE} {LINKNEW} {LINKISUPDATED} {LINKADMIN}
{LINKSTARS} Category: {CATNAME}
{LINKDESCRIPTION}
{LINKHITS} hits out, {LINKHITSIN} hits in.

Changing various settings, such as turning off "Mix link types?" or turning off "Separate sponsored links" (or combos of both settings) does not fix the problem. (Turning those off remove Sponsored Links including the error from search results altogether.)

Any idea why the Search Links are showing the linkbit template (which I haven't modified) rather than the Sponsored Link search result?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 08, 2011 - 1:57 AM:

This is much simpler if you use more recent series since they have the type manager, which automatically inserts the appropriate template code (or in the case of 6.1 and 6.2 there's no need for template code at all and it's just managed through the type manager). I recently dropped official support for the 5.0 series so you should migrate to at least 5.1 as soon as possible.

Your search links template should look something like this though:
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
<!-- BEGIN SEARCH links RESULTS -->
<!-- BEGIN FEATURED -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END FEATURED -->
</table>
<table>
<!-- BEGIN RECIP -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END RECIP -->
</table>
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
<!-- BEGIN REGULAR -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END REGULAR -->
<!-- END SEARCH links RESULTS -->
</table>

However, that will only work if you've entered 'regular,recip,featured' link types at Admin -> Settings -> Links at the top.
jca
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 3
jca
Posted Oct 08, 2011 - 6:25 PM:

Thanks for the reply. That's what I have in my template and Links settings -- it still displays the linkbit template as the result. I even tried different names (sponsored or featured) in all three areas -- template, Links settings, and Sponsorship settings, but it had no effect.

Sponsored links are working in the regular category listing, as I mentioned.

Understand if you are no longer supporting 5.0, but unfortunately I'm not able to upgrade at the moment. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.