Sorry to bug you about this.

Comments on Sponsorship Issues.

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Mar 08, 2010 - 2:14 PM:

I always feel like a dolt when I get to the sponsorship area of your software.

Sponsorship is 500% easier to set up yet I can never seem to get it working properly.

On my new client:

Paypal address working properly, settings appear normal/as expected.
IPN on and set to proper url site/dir/paypal.php
Test type created #4 (type="test" 1$/365 days)

Submitted Listing > taken to link sponsorship page as expected > sent to paypal invoice > paid fee > clicked return to merchant after payment > as link submitter I received a receipt email from paypal.

Went to admin back end > No payment recorded automatically in Review Payment area > Pending Validation lists my link under "Awaiting Payment" > funds not added to user's account

So... what did I do wrong? I know it's something I did because I don't see any other issues in the support forum (other than my own pathetic ones from another client's site)

I'd be happy to send you the test user name login, etc if you need it or you can create one. Just a note... you have to in the member home area to get to Submit Listing and the form is very basic (choose package/linktype, linktitle, and category) so the client is inundated with fields to fill out...only the minimum. they get to update their listing later.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 14, 2010 - 12:18 PM:

Sorry I'm so late on this.

Are you testing with the sandbox or with real money? The sandbox requires the $paypalsandbox tweak but is working for me with that. Unfortunately the sandbox and real thing are different in many ways. The one WSN site I have that gets real payments occasionally doesn't seem to be processing them, but I haven't had enough time to get any useful debug data from that yet.

IPN on and set to proper url site/dir/paypal.php

Note it's not necessary to set the IPN url anymore (though it doesn't hurt), the payment form does it (but you do need IPN on).

I know it's something I did because I don't see any other issues in the support forum

That doesn't mean anything, there may be nobody else who notices since there aren't many users.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Mar 14, 2010 - 12:30 PM:

I'm using real money...I made a test listing type that's only 1 dollar. It's just easier to do that then mess with the sandbox (something I've never had time to mess with)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 15, 2010 - 10:47 AM:

It won't let me pay myself, so send me FTP access to your site so I can check and debug it there.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.