Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Unable to update forum post?
re: emails that shouldn't be going out.

Comments on Unable to update forum post?

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Dec 11, 2008 - 1:23 PM:

I deleted the test user because it was an old one added before any custom work was done.

Now my admin account is getting emails...or rather wsn is sending them out to a blank email address because I have subscriptions turned off.

This email was sent out after I added and then deleted a member's personal item.

no email address listed | updated Hello admin, there has been an update to the category which you have subscribed to. It's titled "Rolling Backlot Diner" and can be found at http://www.xxxxxx.com/dir/link.php?action=detail&id= . | From: info@xxxxx.com 12/11/2008 xx.xx.xx.57

Does this have anything to do with the custom albums that was worked on? Since I'm not using subscriptions I've saved users from getting these unsolicited emails but it seems like an uncessary drain on the server and wsn classifieds

(FYI personal info replaced by xs)

RE: the forum this is posted on ---
Every time I click on the original posting about this issue the link goes to the "email someone about this post form" and won't let me view it. That's why I started a new thread.

------------------

Update.

Confirmed. Every time a person adds/deletes an item from their personal list, an email is sent out telling them the category is updated.

Sounds like a bug to me.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 25, 2008 - 11:38 PM:

Can you confirm if this behavior still exists? I made a change that may have fixed it in 5.0.26.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 26, 2008 - 7:09 AM:

Well now when I make a bookmark I don't see anything listed. The bookmark/item list count says 1 but shows nothing.

Here's my code (albums.tpl):

<IF {SHOWSPONSOR}>
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
[INSERTFILE=linkcolumnsbit]
<!-- BEGIN PFEATURED ITEMS -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END PFEATURED ITEMS -->
</table>
</IF>

<IF {SHOWREGULAR}>
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
[INSERTFILE=linkcolumnsbit]
<!-- BEGIN PROPERTY ITEMS -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END PROPERTY ITEMS -->
</table>
</IF>

Changes made that could affect the code from working...I recently created a ton of item types to represent different pricing levels and then turned mix types to yes.

But now my bookmarks/items aren't showing and it doesn't seem as if there's anything wrong with the code because an item I test bookmarked IS a PFEATURED property and therefore should show in the list.

But to answer your question...

when the bookmark is added, no email is sent out.
when the bookmark is deleted : not available because I can't view the bookmark.

username testlp pw testlp, is the testuser if you want to jump in for a look.

Also, admins are still receiving update emails in the logs, but subscriptions are turned off. I think that's related.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 26, 2008 - 7:25 AM:

Also:

I just added a category in the albums area and it was not recorded, I was also asked to log in the first attempt to add a category. Refreshing the page did not reveal the new category.

Update: the categories were recorded, just not showing up with the code I chose.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 30, 2008 - 4:34 AM:

How are you doing this bookmarking? I copied your item bit code but there's no code in there to actually bookmark anything...

I recall you were using the old links list method modified to alias currently existing items. I don't see where the actual button to bookmark is though.

Never mind, found it in your details template.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 30, 2008 - 7:38 AM:

When I click the add button on your site, I go to albums.php?id=2. When I do it on my site, I go to albums.php?add=[link id number]. The id of the link in the test on your site was 33. However the number 2 and the variable 'id' get involved, that's probably the problem. I don't see how it can differ when I'm using your template code and copied and pasted though, and I don't see any 2 or id in your templates there.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 30, 2008 - 8:23 PM:

This strange URL change has something to do with something you've put in your templates, I guess, because it happens after all the script processing is done.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 03, 2009 - 5:09 AM:

You only have regular and sponsor types in your member items list template, so anything not of those types won't be shown.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Jan 03, 2009 - 5:13 PM:

Thank you. I realize that now (not having all the new types listed)...*smacks forehead*

The emails is still going out though, that's still happening. Have you checked my email logs yet? They're full of emails that would go to the users if I didn't have subscriptions turned off.
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jan 08, 2009 - 3:29 PM:

All the ones I see in your log seem to be updates for real categories, not member links list categories.

I see instant (non-digest) notifications continue even with subscriptions switched off for anything the people already subscribed to, I'll fix that.

Also, admins are still receiving update emails in the logs,

All I see to admins in your logs is notifications of new submissions, which you've requested in the email preferences.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jan 12, 2009 - 4:48 PM:

Got it. Thank you.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.