Upgrade.php -nothing happens

Comments on Upgrade.php -nothing happens

isto

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 17
isto
Posted Sep 10, 2010 - 2:50 PM:

I tried to manually update from 4.1.80 to 5.0.80.
Everything uploaded except the templates files (except templates/admin). And then http://yourinstallpath/upgrade.php.
But nothing happens, it loads and loads and loads, but no changes are made and no text or change is appearing on the update site.

When visiting the admin-panel it says that I is up-to-date now, but the upgrade.php has not run yet finally.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 11, 2010 - 6:15 AM:

Everything uploaded except the templates files (except templates/admin).

templates/admin is critical, it includes the upgrade templates for example. Why didn't you upload it?

Also, why weren't you doing the automated upgrade? Whatever stopped you from using the autoupgrade button is very likely the problem with upgrade.php.
Isto2
Beginner

Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 2
Isto2
Posted Sep 12, 2010 - 4:04 PM:

sorry for my english
I meant that I uploaded the templates/admin - files, but not the other files/folders in the folder templates.

I always updated the whole thing via hand and not via an automated autoupgrade. And it all worked well since now.

So now when I click on upgrade.php (with activated "Verbose output") I get this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/418688589/log.txt

(I can't attach the text here, so download it there).

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 13, 2010 - 4:58 PM:

This is a bunch of file permissions errors saying that PHP is not allowed to overwrite various files. That's probably because you did a manual upgrade on a server without suPHP and haven't input FTP info at Admin -> Settings -> System. If you don't have suPHP then the FTP info is required. That would be why you couldn't autoupgrade too.

It looks like all the file permissions problems were with the fckeditor directory as it attempted to upgrade fckeditor to a newer version.
Isto2
Beginner

Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 2
Isto2
Posted Sep 15, 2010 - 4:07 PM:

chmoding the fckdirectory helped. thank you :-)
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.