Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#31 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 29, 2005 - 6:57 AM:

1) Will check on that and probably upload a beta 2 in the next few days, since I've fixed a lot of little template issues (things that says 'topics' and the like).

2) scripts.webmastersite.net/w...rticles/RSS_Feeds-208.html
fuee
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 56
Total Comments: 121
fuee
#32 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 29, 2005 - 10:26 AM:

can there be an option for a less server intensive version of wsnlinks. When I installed the new version 3.20 to checked it out I was in awe regarding all the new functions you put in. At the same time I also remember adding all the functions in 3.10 to my site development which lead to multiple host changes due to high server load.

I think it would be a great idea for us who has no dedicated servers to have the option to use a less server intensive version of wsnlinks if it is possible. It will allow us to develop more smaller sites and thus more licensing fees for Paul.

Any thoughts paul on adding an option for that or would you need to completely redevelop wsnlinks to do that?
Paul
developer

Paul
#33 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 30, 2005 - 1:32 PM:

3.20 is slower than 3.16, but I don't believe 3.10 was slower than previous versions... more likely to have been faster. Anyhow 3.2 allows much tighter spider control (once you fill in all their user agents), and it's 99% certain that any server load problems you have are due to spiders.

I will look at the possibility of a light version, but I don't think page load times can be decreased too significantly (beyond the decrease you can get just by switching off various switches and features) without taking away the basic organization which causes you to use WSN Links -- namely how it collects everything first, then allows you to perform manipulations such as toplists and template conditionals and the like before output.
wildflowerintn
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 56
#34 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 01, 2005 - 10:20 PM:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help, I solved all the problems except one. I would like to copy the rss into a different feed, for use on another of my sites, that pulls in only sponsored links and counts the ppc when clicked on. I would like to use this on the site associated with the one the directory is on to show the newest so many sponsored links. I have not yet been able to get the toplists working outside the directory to use those.

Also, I am assuming you would like to know about any problems we have come across, I came across very few and love this new version a whole bunch! But, in case noone else has told you, the 3.20 is using the toplist number 1 in a few places, it was reasonably easy to figure out what was causing the problems, but wanted to mention it to you.

Thanks,

Becky
Paul
developer

Paul
#35 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 02, 2005 - 10:58 AM:

Where is it using two toplist #1s in the same page? Since there aren't any toplists in the wrapper, that'd have to be two in the same template, and I can't find that anywhere.

As for the RSS/sponsorship bit, I don't understand it and it has nothing to do with this thread anyway so you'd best post a thread on it.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.