WSN FormEmail is a PHP form-to-email processor and autoresponder. Submit an HTML form to the script, and the contents of it will be emailed to you, with the option of sending a copy to the submitter or sending a custom autoresponse to the submitter. This is useful for all types of contact forms and information collection.
Use unlimited fields in your forms, with no configuration is needed for adding them. Simply create your HTML form and every field from it will be sent to you. An example HTML page of a form is included in case you're not sure of how to properly make a form.
Requirements: PHP 3+
Latest version: 1.31, released April 2 2020. Previous release was 1.30 on January 12th 2009. WSN FormEmail is now free for any useage, you may consider it as public domain.
License: Licensed under the open source MIT license, you may freely modify and create commercial derivatives.
Here's an example of a form you could create:
The form, when submitted, would send this email to your email address:
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Form Submitted: Some subject
[email protected] has filled out a form with this content:
Note: Some hidden note you want to attach.
Subject: Some subject
Message: Some message
Note that you could add any number of other fields and they would be included in the email.
- Installation is as simple as writing your email address in one file and then uploading the file.
- Fully customizable. Use as many fields as you wish, simply by putting them in the form... they will automatically be detected by the script and included in the email sent to you.
- Protect yourself from spam. By using this form method, you will never need to reveal your email address where it could be found by a spammer.
- Determine where the visitor is sent after filling out the form. Simply put <input type="hidden" name="thankspage" value="http://yourthankspage.html"> in your form.
- Unbranded. You are not required to display any copyright notice or other indication of WSN FormEmail to your visitors.
- Send a copy to the submitter. So that they know their inquiry has been received, you may have a copy of the submission automatically sent to the submitter.
- Send an autoresponse to the submitter. This can be any text file. Use this to let people know you're on vacation, or to send them useful resources that people filling out the particular form are likely to want.
- If you have another WSN script (WSN Links, WSN Gallery, WSN Knowledge Base, WSN Forum, WSN Classifieds, WSN Software Directory or WSN Directory) on the same server, you can use the security image from it to prevent spam submissions. Otherwise you can use hidden field bait to lower the spam rate.