webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
#31 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 11, 2010 - 12:47 PM:

babrees wrote:

urrm, FOUR different regional variations of English?? Didn't know there was such a thing. I know that there is English and American-English but what on earth are the other two?

English (GB) English (Hong Kong) English (Singapore) English (U.S.)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#32 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 12, 2010 - 4:45 AM:

hai wrote:
1 - I noticed that when clicking on "Add New Image", I'm given the bulk uploader option, but since I'm only allowed to attach 1 file only 1 actually gets submitted. I think it would make sense to not have the bulk uploader option on that page. Obviously, if there's a reason why you show it then let me know and I'll remove it from my own templates only.

Autodisabling that now.

2 - When using the bulk uploader if I select more images than what is allowed (I left the default which is 20 files) only the first 20 are submitted. I was wondering if it was possible to add an 'x' next to each file that gets uploaded so that after I recieve the warning regarding the excess images I can then select the file I want removed before submission. I believe something like this is available on WSN Links when submitting attachments. It would also be useful when realizing that I selected the wrong file after the upload started.

Unfortunately, that's too complicated to figure out how to do with the YUI-based uploader for the moment. I'll come back to that in the future though. For now you have to preview the submission in order to delete attachments.
webflair
Forum Regular

#33 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 13, 2010 - 12:00 PM:

Since upgrading to 6, I am getting the following error on many link detals pages, and when regenerating attachments...

Error occurred at www.adomain.co.uk/link.php?...en=1&action=detail&id=6311 on 2010-10-13 16:55:44. Error text: Error #2: 'filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /home/hello211/public_html/attachments/the_celtic_shop_imagef198.wsn' in /home/hello211/public_html/includes/commonfuncs.php on line 4297.
Step 1 of backtrace:
File: /home/hello211/public_html/includes/commonfuncs.php
Line: 4297
Function: filesize
Arguments: /home/hello211/public_html/attachments/the_celtic_shop_imagef198.wsn

Step 2 of backtrace:
File: /home/hello211/public_html/includes/commonfuncs.php
Line: 4264
Function: expandspecialfields
Arguments: object

Step 3 of backtrace:
File: /home/hello211/public_html/classes/generic.php
Line: 19
Function: constructobject
Arguments: object row array

Step 4 of backtrace:
File: /home/hello211/public_html/classes/onelink.php
Line: 13
Function: __construct
Arguments: row array
Class: generic

Step 5 of backtrace:
File: /home/hello211/public_html/link.php
Line: 264
Function: onelink
Arguments: row array
Class: onelink
webflair
Forum Regular

#34 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 13, 2010 - 12:04 PM:

looking at the error above more closely, the image /home/hello211/public_html/attachments/the_celtic_shop_imagef198.wsn doesn't even belong to that listing.
Paul
developer

Paul
#35 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 14, 2010 - 8:32 AM:

Does the_celtic_shop_imagef198.wsn exist in the attachments directory? If so, the file path is the problem -- open config.php and fix $uploadpath to the correct value (might it have failed to autoupdate on creating a clone?). If not, the issue becomes more mysterious.

I see it's related to a custom file field and not the regular attachments.
webflair
Forum Regular

#36 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 14, 2010 - 8:38 AM:

I restored a backup, and then re-installed 6.14, and the problem has gone away.

The only difference in what I did during install is on the second time (the time that did not produce errors) I allowed the installation script to overwrite the template file.
hai
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
#37 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 14, 2010 - 8:38 AM:

Paul wrote:

Autodisabling that now.

Great! Thanks.

Paul wrote:

Unfortunately, that's too complicated to figure out how to do with the YUI-based uploader for the moment. I'll come back to that in the future though. For now you have to preview the submission in order to delete attachments.

I understand and thanks for letting me you're considering it as well as for the preview tip!
hai
Forum Regular

hai
#38 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 14, 2010 - 8:44 AM:

When submitting a new image, if I click on "Add new category" it will give me the following error

"You must select a category before submitting. You must select a category before submitting."

If I then select any existing category it will then correctly submit and add the new category.

Oh, and just noticed the error repeats itself!
Paul
developer

Paul
#39 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 14, 2010 - 10:27 AM:

Except for the repetition, isn't that correct? If someone were allowed to submit to a category that hasn't been approved yet, and it doesn't get approved, what would happen to their listing? There'd be nowhere to show it, and if the listing has been approved that doesn't seem appropriate to pseudo-delete it because the category wasn't approved.

If the category is approved, the listing is automatically moved to it.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
#40 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 14, 2010 - 8:20 PM:

Ok, is see your point there, but if I'm the one submitting - meaning the admin, the category would automatically be added. It doesn't have to wait for approval.

I'm curious, because I've added categories as admin before without getting the error (not on this particular site, previous installations) which is why I thought this was a bug. So am I getting this error because I've set the members permission to needing validation - or was it changed in 6.0?
Paul
developer

Paul
#41 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 14, 2010 - 10:32 PM:

You probably weren't using the level-based selector before. In the regular category selector it's impossible to not select a category since there's no empty option.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.