developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#61 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 26, 2009 - 1:53 AM:

babrees wrote:
I went to set it up on the link type "premium" that I have. This type shows in the type manager and you are able to select it when submitting a link. However, when I go to set up the sponsorship premium type is NOT in the listing type to promote. Strangely though it IS in the revert to listing type.

Is "premium" the first type -- a renamed "regular" for which there's no option to delete it on the type manager page? Regular isn't allowed to be a promotion type, only a reversion type.
Paul
developer

Paul
#62 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 26, 2009 - 2:02 AM:

babrees wrote:
but now all it shows is the first paragraph of text, not the results of the field

Special characters as used there in the values may not be supported, I'll look into it.
Paul
developer

Paul
#63 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 31, 2009 - 12:38 AM:

Your available field with your template code works fine for me -- the only changes I made were to remove the trailing spaces you have at the end of some of the options.
webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
#64 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 03, 2009 - 11:17 AM:

Seem to have a similar problem...

I have just added some custom pages and edited the SEO settings to add rewrites for the pages... Upon saving, rewriting was switched off and my .htaccess file totally deleted from the server.

I tried again, went to seo, selected "on" for rewriting, the redirect message shows "the settings have been saved" but upon returning to the SEO settings page, rewriting is still off.

If I manually upload an htaccess file, then switch rewriting on in admin, it just deletes the htaccess file and turns rewriting off.

This has brought my testing of 5.1 to a complete halt, so I really hope to get this solved quickly.
webflair
Forum Regular

#65 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 03, 2009 - 12:05 PM:

Babrees... I see you had the same problem as above. Did you find a solution?
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
#66 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 03, 2009 - 12:05 PM:

Jon, I have found that you can put an .htaccess with the php5 bit in ABOVE public_html. I have done that and it works fine. Hopefully it should on your server too.
babrees
Expert

babrees
#67 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 03, 2009 - 12:08 PM:

LOL! - you posted exactly the same time I did
webflair
Forum Regular

#68 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 03, 2009 - 12:19 PM:

What PHP 5 bit?

I;m only running PHP 5 these days.
webflair
Forum Regular

#69 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 03, 2009 - 4:32 PM:

Fixed it... I think I must have had some permission issues as I deleted all of the script files, uploaded them again, ran upgrade.php and it worked.
webflair
Forum Regular

#70 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 03, 2009 - 5:07 PM:

I found out why this happens...

If you try to allow a space in tags by adding a space to keepchars, the script will no longer allow mod rewrite.
webflair
Forum Regular

#71 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 04, 2009 - 6:17 AM:

Well I have had nothing but nightmares with 5.1 over the last 48 hours, first I had the problems above, then once they were solved I got the following problems which resulted in me restiring a server backup to go back to 5.0 series.

The type manager simply does not work. It does not save any new link type you create. It only ever saves changes to the regular listing.

Also, and this was the biggest ever problem. All of my listings became "regular" listings for no apparent reason. I have hundreds of sponsored listings which were downgraded, the task of going through all my paypal payments to upgrade the listings again would have taken a week, so I gave up and restored my backup.

If it is the case that 5.1 requires you to re-setup link types, it will not be worth me upgrading.

babrees
Expert

babrees
#72 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 05, 2009 - 4:26 AM:

Yes, I too had a terrible time with the type manager and upgrading custom types, which I reported. I eventually got them sorted, but not without redoing them all, which in that instance was not a big job. I will now try upgrading a larger site, which, as with jayweb, I will not be able to adjust the types manually.

(update) Upgraded ok. It seems that type manager has included all my link types and they are correct. However, it won't let me change the order of the links. I change the order, save, but it reverts back to default.

On a new install (http://www.123photographs.co.uk/photographydirectory/) it added a new linktype but did not put any code in the box for it and won't let me add anything. Just does not save it correctly. However, I can edit the regular link type ok.
Paul
developer

Paul
#73 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 06, 2009 - 3:49 PM:

jayweb wrote:
I have hundreds of sponsored listings which were downgraded,

Were you using category sponsorship?
Paul
developer

Paul
#74 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 06, 2009 - 6:45 PM:

The order change in the type manager is applicable only to the order they appear in the selector -- not the order displayed in the template if you're one of the people with type mixing off.

If it's not reordering them in the selector, What's your official and display names as listed in the advanced section at the bottom?

On a new install (http://www.123photographs.co.uk/photographydirectory/) it added a new linktype but did not put any code in the box

After an install, I go to the type manager and type 'test' as the new type and click add. It displays as it should. What do I need to do to get it to not display?
babrees
Expert

babrees
#75 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 07, 2009 - 12:29 AM:

Paul wrote:
The order change in the type manager is applicable only to the order they appear in the selector -- not the order displayed in the template if you're one of the people with type mixing off.

Perhaps that should be made clear then?

Paul wrote:
What do I need to do to get it to not display?

How the heck do I know? I had this before, but it seemed to right itself after I upgraded. Now on that particular site it works fine. It also works ok on a site I have just upgraded.

I have just spent some time messing about with the Type Manager on the problem site. In the end it managed to add another type ok. I deleted both the test and my type that wasn't working, added my type again and this time it worked.

It just seems a bit unstable at the moment, with sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.