Comments on 5.1 Betas

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
#76 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 07, 2009 - 7:50 AM:

No, I was not using category sponsorship, I was using normal link type sponsorship. I had three link types, free, regular and sponsored. After upgrading and trying to use the type manager, all of my links turned into regular links.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#77 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 09, 2009 - 12:56 AM:

babrees wrote:
Perhaps that should be made clear then?

How can I make it more clear than the "Important: You've selected not to mix types. To change the location of each type and which shows up first on the page, you'll need to edit the templates. The "order" option here only controls the order they're listed in the type selector on the submission page." message that's already at the top of the page. It's not as though there's any other text that it's buried in, it's the only thing up there.
babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
#78 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 09, 2009 - 1:20 AM:

Paul wrote:

How can I make it more clear than the "Important: You've selected not to mix types. To change the location of each type and which shows up first on the page, you'll need to edit the templates. The "order" option here only controls the order they're listed in the type selector on the submission page." message that's already at the top of the page. It's not as though there's any other text that it's buried in, it's the only thing up there.

hmm, well I don't know where that message is supposed to be, but it is not on the type manager page

(edit) aha, ok, my mix type was set to yes. The problem for me is that where it all used to be setup on just one page it is now on two separate pages, and the type manager is not next to the links setup, so it is easy to forget/miss things.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#79 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 10, 2009 - 12:19 PM:

I'll move the mix option to the type manager page.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.