2 languages wsnlink with joined URL

Comments on 2 languages wsnlink with joined URL

roman2005
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 1
Posted May 06, 2006 - 9:23 AM:

I would like to use 2 languages English - Russian wsnlinks directory with English default. How can I run 2 languages site and have joined URL field for both languages?

The problem I experienced is incorrect encoding and incorrect displayable Russian letters for visitors that have selected English language on home page. There are no problem to display English letters of the Category, Site Name, Description etc. for visitors that have selected Russian version of wsnlinks, but there are big problem to display Russian letters of the Category, Site Name, Description etc. for users that have selected English one.

I understand that this problem could be solved by installing to independent versions of wsnlinks and place languages select button on home page for each language installation. The serious disadvantage of this kind of installation is that all sites added in English wsnlinks will not be available in Russsian one and conversely: all sites added in Russian wsnlinks will not be available in English one.

Is it possible to use joint url for each installation and have a possibility to add manually some field (for example English Category, English Description for links that have been added in Russian) by Admin during the process of link/category approval ?

Thanks in advance,
Roman

confused
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.