david
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 91
Total Comments: 305
david
Posted Mar 25, 2006 - 7:04 AM:

Hey Paul,

A comment about this. The whole filter thing seems to not like special characters, such as ó . It converts it into %F3 . ??? Even though everything else in the software recognizes these characters just fine.

David
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Mar 25, 2006 - 7:04 AM:

Such as index.php?action=displaycat&catid={CATID}&linkfilteraction=add&filter=kiadoelado&filtervalue=Eladó

wouldn't work.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 27, 2006 - 3:59 AM:

It must be illegal in a url and so gets translated to something, but since urldecode it being applied I don't see why it wouldn't work.
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Mar 27, 2006 - 6:47 AM:

Well something is definately not right. Here is the scenario:
- I have a category with links in it, some have 'Kiadó', some have 'Eladó' as their value for the field 'kiadoelado'
- If I display the category in a normal fashion, all links are showing up fine.
- If I add to the URL &linkfilteraction=add&filter=kiadoelado&filtervalue=Eladó
it brings me back to the same page and says that there are 0 (zero) links in this category
- AND the funkiest part, is that if I remove that extra filter from the url, so it simply should display the category (index.php?action=displaycat&catid=4), it still says that there are no links in the category. Even if I refresh the page.
- IF I clear my cookies, and then refresh, it goes back to showing all the links in the category just fine.

If I understand this:
&linkfilteraction=add&filter=kiadoelado&filtervalue=Eladó

it should refresh the page and show only links that have the word 'Eladó' as the value for their 'kiadoelado' field.

David
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 30, 2006 - 6:01 AM:

Accents simply do not appear to be legal characters in urls -- I cannot find anything in google to suggest they're supported. You will have to strip them. What I read indicates that mysql is normally accent-insensitive such that filtervalue=Elado will match Eladó.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.