wsnl

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 21
Total Comments: 35
wsnl
Accidentally seem to have upgraded to 7.0.0 Alpha 16
Posted Jan 30, 2012 - 6:31 PM:

Hi

I just purchased an upgrade to the latest version of WSN Links and it looks really good. I had intended only to upgrade to the latest version of 6 after my purchase, but the system is now saying the version I have installed is 7.0.0 Alpha 16 - I don't know how this happened as I thought I was upgrading to the latest version of 6.

In reality, I don't mind - I think I'll need to keep it - assuming I can upgrade it every time an upgrade comes along through to the final stable version. I only have the database as it is attached to this version, so would rather not want to try rolling it back now when it appears to work OK thus far.

Hopefully this does not represent a great security risk? I don't mind helping with the bug-spotting in the meantime either.

Do you think this will be OK to use on my live site now, even though I recognise there will be bugs to be fixed, so everything might not work perfectly - I don't think I have much choice as I'd like to not have to go backwards on installs.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards
Trevor.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 01, 2012 - 8:22 PM:

The alpha should become a beta shortly and is stabilizing, nearly all planned features complete, so it should be ok to use.

Series upgrades are in a blue box instead of the regular red box, and the 7.0 series blue box upgrade prompt only appears when you've selected unstable releases.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.