Comments on Adding Language for Custom Field

kaelin
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 3
kaelin
Posted Feb 15, 2005 - 11:20 AM:

I may have missed it or possibly not searched correctly - I have just added WSNGuest for our alumni association - I had tried another guestbook which had what I needed but customizing the look and feel was going to give me a coronary so I went and searched for something else that would give me what I needed (and hopefully allow the import of 5+ years of guestbook data as easily as the other one did - haven't gotten that far).

I've added the most important field that needs to be displayed AND be a specific searchable entry - classyear -
http://www.baaa.org/gb/index.php?

I know that I have to deal with the language -
and am assuming that once I have it figured out it will be as the others:
{LANG_VIEW_CLASSYEAR}: 1979 for example and that the search by will be
the same type: {ENTRYCLASSYEAR}

What I'm failing to find is where to do this exactly...any help would be appreciated -as far as customization - wow - after trying to read the details for this one http://www.baaa.org/guestbook/ my eyes crossed and I had to pop 4 advil liquigels -- I'm hoping that importing the data will be as easy because the customization was a snap - great job!

Thanks in advance
Lorri Nevil
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 19, 2005 - 11:46 AM:

You don't have to add language items unless you want to let visitors choose between multiple languages. You can simply write in english in the templates if you wish.

As far as searching, I don't remember how WSN Guest works too well since I wrote it a couple of years ago but I believe you should be able to copy the existing fields on the 'advanced search' page and change the names to make new custom fields searchable.

I notice you list 1.02 as your version. Note that version 1.11 is now available free as well and is most probably the final version of WSN Guest.
kaelin
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 3
kaelin
Posted Feb 26, 2005 - 9:11 AM:

Thanks Paul:

I've done a pretty good job - plus imported & dealt with about 5 years of data! have to do some more cosmetic stuff
http://www.baaa.org/guestbook/index.php

Here's my question on the upgrade - since it's such a lower version would you suggest just doing a different install? I looked at the readme.txt and noticed that it only covers the previous version so I'm sure there were other changes.

I'm almost positive I did a fantastico install on this (I don't usually) so I'll have to check and see why it's not the latest version.

Thanks for you help smiling face
Lorri Nevil
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.