weird bug deleted templates/admin/menu.tpl

Comments on Admin Menu Deleted?

jsfent

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 24
jsfent
Posted Dec 25, 2007 - 9:10 AM:

I was just changing the template settings to use custom template and styles files in the Template Settings page of the admin section, and when I refreshed the page, all of a sudden the left-hand admin menu wouldn't load and a message said the /templates/admin/menu.tpl file was missing. I didn't delete it. (To be clear, I hadn't changed anything in the new templates yet, but just made copies of the old files with new names - not that this should matter, b/c they don't contain the admin pages.)

Luckily I had a copy of the menu.tpl file on my computer, and just dropped it back in. But the message was right, that menu.tpl file had disappeared. It seems that a bug made the menu.tpl file disappear. Very strange.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 25, 2007 - 11:45 AM:

Well I don't know of any way to reproduce this, so I'll have to wait until someone else experiences it and there's a pattern to be found. I can't see anything in the code that looks like it could delete admin/menu.tpl.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.