Comments on Alias links

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Aug 06, 2008 - 10:58 AM:

In v. 5.0B11 - When you edit a link that is aliased, the secondary category is not highlighted in the list

In v.4.1.59 - When you edit a link that is aliased, no matter which category it is aliased to it shows it as being in "Top Level", when there is no category called Top Level
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 06, 2008 - 11:28 AM:

The purpose of beta 12 was to fix all the alias-related stuff for jez. Upgrade if you want to use aliases.

Checking 4.1.59, I don't get your problem but I get a different one: it doesn't show as aliased to anything on edit. Fixing.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Aug 06, 2008 - 9:37 PM:

Paul wrote:
The purpose of beta 12 was to fix all the alias-related stuff for jez. Upgrade if you want to use aliases.

According to my admin panel there is no beta 12

[edit] Sorry Paul, have to admit I only glance and this upgrade was in different format and I simply didn't notice it because it didn't stand out like it used to.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Aug 06, 2008 - 9:49 PM:

OK, so I upgraded and got the error message "An error occoured at http://www.justearings.co.uk/admin/autoupgrade.php on 2008-08-07 04:43:02. Please relay this data to support. Error #2: 'copy(temp/wsnlinks/templates/admin/autoupgrade.tpl) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /home/justeari/public_html/includes/filefunctions.php on line 34."

Plus a very helpful message: "Somehow we lack permission to copy to templates/admin/autoupgrade.tpl (this is a random test file, preumably the same story applies to other files). Since you have suPHP/CGI permissions shouldn't normally be an issue, but apparently they are here. Could files somehow have become owned by a different user? If you use multiple FTP accounts and have manually uploaded files from a different one than your base account FTP, that would create problems."

When I click continue nothing happens - those messages remain.

TBH I didn't know I had suPHP whatever, because I don't even know what that means!

I uploaded the files as usual, have not changed anything except a couple of templates in the default directory.

I also get the second message (no error message) when upgrading the copy on my local computer. Click continue and it doesn'g continue. Hover over the continue and it is linked to autoupgrade.php.

Neither copies upgraded
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 07, 2008 - 5:07 PM:

This is the autoupgrade bug fixed in beta 12 -- but since you're on beta 11 you can't upgrade, and need to overwrite includes/filefunctions.php first. If in apache mode, this will become insanely difficult and you may have to ask your host to delete the file for you or use this simple script: <?php chmod("includes", 0777); unlink("includes/filefunctions.php"); ?>
webflair
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Aug 07, 2008 - 6:39 PM:

I got round this by just doing a manual upload and running upgrade.php
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Aug 07, 2008 - 10:31 PM:

I have an additional directory under templates called lightbox.

On Upgrading it made an additional wrapper.tpl and placed it in this directory and I got the following error:

Error: The file templates/lightbox/wrapper.tpl does not exist. 

An error occoured at www.justearings.co.uk/upgra...templates=1&fromfree=0 on 2008-08-08 05:03:41. Please relay this data to support. Error #2: 'fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource' in /home/justeari/public_html/includes/filefunctions.php on line 541.

An error occoured at www.justearings.co.uk/upgra...templates=1&fromfree=0 on 2008-08-08 05:03:41. Please relay this data to support. Error #2: 'ftp_site() [function.ftp-site]: Could not change perms on templates/lightbox/wrapper.tpl: No such file or directory' in /home/justeari/public_html/includes/filefunctions.php on line 165.

I deleted the additional file and all works well.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 09, 2008 - 1:49 PM:

I have an additional directory under templates called lightbox.

Anything under /templates/ is either a template set or an images set. Since "lightbox" doesn't start with images_ it's a template set. According to google lightbox is some sort of javascript thing, so please don't upload those there.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.