Comments on allowed memory size exhausted

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Nov 14, 2005 - 11:07 PM:

I was getting the "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in /var/www/html/links/end.php on line 181" message when I try to edit a link.

I followed troubleshooting guide and turned of switches as advised, even though I do not have many links as yet and largest sub-cats is 147. After doing this the category with 147 sub cats noticibly slowed down upon loading.

I have a large number of links that are owned by me (admin), although at the moment there are less than 200. Your manual states this should not be a problem in newer versions (couldn't find the member rating formula mentioned!). I was on 3.2.6 so upgraded to 3.3.1. Now when I try to edit a link it just brings up Internal Server Error.

When attempting to edit categories or search links on admin panel I get memory size exhausted error message.

I have also tried logging in as simple member but same thing happens.

debug shows an extremely long spiel and I'm not sure if you really want/need it!! but it ends with the fatal error: memory size exhausted message.
damon

Total Topics: 11
Total Comments: 31
damon
Posted Nov 15, 2005 - 9:54 AM:

Internal Server Error - Maybe can check for your directories chmod as required?

Just my 2 cents
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Nov 15, 2005 - 8:10 PM:

I double checked in case the upgrade had changed the chmod but all are correct. I think that it is basically still the memory size exhausted problem but that for some reason the upgrade has somehow done something to hide that message on the front end to produce the internal server error message????

The debug still shows that error and I get that error message from the admin panel if trying to edit cats or do a search there.

Thanks anyway :-)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Nov 16, 2005 - 1:06 AM:

It doesn't affect the 'submit' page? Must be right on the border. edit.php is the most memory-intensive file outside the admin panel... in the version I've just uploaded I've cut the memory usage a bit. (Overwrite edit.php, addeditfunctions.php, admin/adminfunctions.php)

babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Nov 16, 2005 - 3:00 AM:

Thanks Paul - that seems to have done the trick

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.