Comments on Another integration question

nelgin

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 39
Total Comments: 100
nelgin
Another integration question
Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 3:34 PM:

Thanks, Paul, for helping with my integration issues. I have another one here.

Everything is working fine with my administrators. They're in group 4 in MyBB and mapped accordingly.

Now, in WSNLinks I have a new group, group 5, which is for Editors. They have less permissions than administrators.

Now, in MyBB I have added a secondary group, group11 for WSNEditors. The problem is, how do I tie in this group to WSNLinks? The query would be different, since it's a comma separated list of groups in the "additionalgroups" column.

So I would do something like "SELECT additionalgroups FROM mybb_users WHERE uid LIKE '11' AND uid={UID}" - I'm not sure how I'd fit that into the intergration file, or indeed if I would have to alter WSNLinks itself.

Any insight would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Nigel
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 28, 2012 - 12:41 AM:

Usergroups can be mapped from one script to the other as described here, but at present that's only used for primary usergroups. I could add support for integrating secondary usergroups with mybb for $85. The additionalgroups field contains a commaed list of numbers like "1,7,5"? Are there spaces?
nelgin

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 39
Total Comments: 100
nelgin
Posted Sep 28, 2012 - 1:14 AM:

For $85, I think I can do without this one, or in fact, I can probably figure that one out myself. I'll be happy to share the code for you to include it in the release chain.

As long as there are no spaces. Should be a simple matter of getting the string and splitting at the comma. I'll have a look at it on my test box and see what I can come up with.

I wasn't thinking earlier what using LIKE would pick 15 as well as 5 since my secondary group is double digits smiling face

Thanks,
Nigel
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.