Attaching files?

Comments on Attaching files?

sweepseeker
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 7
Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 12:28 PM:

Usually I wouldn't ask so many questions, but there is SO much to this program and every time I have a question I search with NO results in the manual and on the message boards.

When someone submits a link we do not want them to be able to Attach Files. I already unchecked it in switches but it still shows up and allows regular members to attach a file, how can I make it so that they can not attach files?
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 1:09 PM:

In your Admin got to Members > Manage Usergroups and edit the usergroup so they cannot upload attachments
sweepseeker
Beginner

Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 2:05 PM:

babrees wrote:
In your Admin got to Members > Manage Usergroups and edit the usergroup so they cannot upload attachments

I am looking at it right now and there is no setting to check mark or uncheck that says anything about attachments.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 3:35 PM:

Oh, sorry - the script has changed so much I sometimes forget! If you have unchecked the attachments switch then it won't show in the usergroup sections.

I have just unchecked mine and the attachment field no longer shows in the submit form so it works fine for me. Have you customised the links submit form? if yes try reloading the default and see if they show then.

If you do not want ANYBODY to ever upload attachments you could always simply take that field out of the template. But if you change your mind in the future then of course you will have to add it back in.
sweepseeker
Beginner

Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 3:49 PM:

It amazes me how easy the program is yet there is so much of it to take in. Thanks! It worked!
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 11:24 PM:

sweepseeker wrote:
It amazes me how easy the program is yet there is so much of it to take in.

Oh don't I know it! This latest version has had so much more added to it that I miss a lot of the new stuff. It is an excellent program and now I wouldn't be without it!

Glad you got it working :-)
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.