Comments on Attachments astray

Jez
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 130
Jez
Posted Apr 29, 2008 - 4:35 AM:

I am getting a really odd problem with the attachments at the above URL. It's been going on since I introduced attachments that the customer could upload themselves and I assumed that it was the user but it seems not.

They will typically attach an image of their accommodation but often when I approve links and images the image that gets attached to their link is not their own!

Also, often the images do not appear when approved either and have to be added after approval (if I remember to save them first) and sometimes, but more rare get an error message but can never copy it in time to get it to you. I had thought that perhaps people were attaching the same image twice or something but now I am not so sure.

Have you come across anything as weird as this? How could the images get mixed up?

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 30, 2008 - 8:19 PM:

The only scenario I can think of is an unvalidated member who then expires attaching the images, and then the members table autoincriment somehow getting reset to reuse those deleted id numbers. That shouldn't happen though since autoincriment doesn't go backwards on its own.
Jez
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 130
Jez
Posted May 01, 2008 - 3:52 AM:

Yes, it's odd. The other day there was only one entry to validate, with one image (that you would naturally presume would be the one belonging to the pending validation) but on validation the person emailed me to say that the image attached was not theirs. And, like I said, the images are not shown as belonging to the pending often and when there are more than one pending it's impossible to know which image goes with each link (as they are typically not a descriptive filename).
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 01, 2008 - 1:09 PM:

When someone starts a submission and attaches something and then abandons it, that attachment will show up on next submission by the same username, or IP address for guests. If the wsnlinks_attachments table were missing the ownerip field that could cause mixups.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.