Comments on auto-updating 5.0.47

PLUGGER
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 8
PLUGGER
Posted May 18, 2009 - 12:44 PM:

An update, 5.0.47, is available. It was released on May 16, 2009. You can have everything brought up to date by clicking the button below.

Skip auto-updating of customized templates?

Changes since your current version:
5.0.47:
- clone utility
- fixed error on rejecting category
- changed autoupgrade to ensure servertest.php remains on failed upgrade
- fixed to display "invalid login" message when appropriate on autoupgrade
- fixed javascript export to handle new toplist separator sequence
- added ffmpeg test to servertest.php
- tweak to set absolute path for ffmpeg
- fixed obscure sitemap conditionals issue
- fixed wsn directory member listing totals

The archive could not be downloaded from the WSN server. It's possible the WSN server is down at the moment.

WSN Directory 5.0.46

is there a list of the files that have been changed aswell, rather than just overwrite all the php files etc, because i have customised a lot of it

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 19, 2009 - 6:23 AM:

When you customize PHP, you need to use the plugins/modifications system. If you don't, upgrades will never be practical.

scripts.webmastersite.net/w...odifications_guide-77.html

Skip auto-updating of customized templates?

This message hasn't been there since 5.0.43, so I guess you've already been mixing and mismatching files instead of running the actual upgrades. If I don't know what files you're using I can't help you.

The archive could not be downloaded from the WSN server. It's possible the WSN server is down at the moment.

There was a bug causing this message to appear when the correct message is "Your customers area login is incorrect." Fix your login at Admin Panel -> Settings -> System Settings.
PLUGGER
Beginner

PLUGGER
Posted Nov 08, 2009 - 1:33 PM:

can i get the latest version, to start a new fresh installation paul ?

because doing an auto update seems to have screwed up my greek chars now...

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 09, 2009 - 4:56 PM:

doing an auto update seems to have screwed up my greek chars now...

That'd be a character set mismatch and it'll continue to mismatch on a new install with the old language file since new installs at utf8. I assume you already clicked the convert to utf8 prompt in the admin panel, in order to create the mismatch. Open your language file in a text editor, then save it as utf8 with that text editor. If your text editor doesn't let you choose a character set, send it to me and I'll save it as utf8.

If you've written any text directly into templates you'll need to convert those templates as well.

You can always get the latest version at http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsnlinks/members/ .
PLUGGER
Beginner

PLUGGER
Posted Nov 09, 2009 - 9:39 PM:

You can always get the latest version at http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsnlinks/members/ .something very strange happening here,

it wont let me login to the members section

i even have the email when i purchased the software, with my login details , maybe i changed the password, i usually use only one of three passwords, anyways what is even stranger is that when i choose "Lost your password? Type in the email address you registered under in order to have a new password sent to you:" and enter my email address, it says

There is no user registered with that email address.

Continue

something else thats very strange, on my site now it wont let me login either,

and when i try the lost password option and enter my email address it comes up with an error

"
Error occurred at http://www.hellasola.gr/index.php?action=lostpw on 2009-11-10 03:36:34. Error text: Error #2: 'mysqli_query() [<a href='function.mysqli-query'>function.mysqli-query</a>]: Empty query' in /home/hellas/public_html/databases/mysqli.php on line 69.
Debug info:
`,`cansubmitbulk` FROM wsndirectory_membergroups
Load time so far: 0.08 seconds.

Query 8: SELECT `id`,`to`,`subject`,`message`,`headers`,`replacement`,`mime` FROM wsndirectory_email WHERE timesent=0 AND inprogress=0 ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 0,10
Load time so far: 0.1 seconds.

Number of rows is 0
Query 9: SELECT `id` FROM wsndirectory_members WHERE email = 'info@hellasola.gr'
Load time so far: 0.11 seconds.

Query 10: SELECT `id`,`name`,`links`,`comments`,`time`,`usergroup`,`password`,`ip`,`totalhits`,`totalhitsin`,`email`,`validated`,`template`,`language`,`lastattempt`,`allowemail`,`signature`,`avatarname`,`stylesheet`,`allowuseremail`,`albumid`,`failedattempts`,`totalbytes`,`funds`,`notifyoflinks`,`lastvisit`,`timezone`,`rating`,`pmfolders`,`notifyofpms`,`acceptpms`,`cookieduration`,`banned`,`location`,`homepage`,`occupation`,`bio`,`aim`,`icq`,`msn`,`yahoo`,`inactive`,`timeonline`,`totalpms`,`buddies`,`ignored`,`isonline`,`acceptims`,`adminpermissions`,`referrer`,`groupreverttime`,`grouprevertto`,`moderationpm`,`secondarygroups`,`linksperpage`,`commentsperpage`,`shouts`,`customtitle`,`shoutban`,`topicbans`,`forumbans`,`visibility`,`birthdate`,`lastsession`,`interests`,`posteditor`,`forumaccess`,`pmpopup`,`pmnotify`,`modnotes`,`guestnotes`,`salt`,`lastmodnote`,`newpms`,`imflag`,`orderalbums`,`lastguestnote`,`autosubscribe`,`notifymethod`,`showavatars`,`showsigs`,`warninglevel`,`topics`,`posts`,`chatcolor`,`traderrating`,`invitessent`,`validatedemail`,`calsub`,`macros`,`guestnotify`,`keychecktime`,`notifykeywords`,`autosubscribepost`,`blogrss`,`positivepct`,`notifytrader`,`inactiveemail`,`listings`,`repliesreceived`,`sponsorendtime` FROM wsndirectory_members WHERE id = 1

Number of rows is 1

Query 11:

Step 1 of backtrace:
File: /home/hellas/public_html/databases/mysqli.php
Line: 69
Function: mysqli_query
Arguments:

Step 2 of backtrace:
File: /home/hellas/public_html/classes/database.php
Line: 342
Function: query
Arguments:
Class: db

Step 3 of backtrace:
File: /home/hellas/public_html/includes/actions.php
Line: 165
Function: query
Arguments:
Class: database

Step 4 of backtrace:
File: /home/hellas/public_html/index.php
Line: 7
Function: require_once
Arguments: /home/hellas/public_html/includes/actions.php

"

very strange

now i can log into my clone site that it created when it did the update ok, all works fine in there....

thats one reason why i wanted to do a complete new install, with new database everything, to start from scratch again..
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 12, 2009 - 11:03 AM:

wsndirectory_

If you're using WSN Directory rather than WSN Links, your customers area is http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsndirectory/members/

PLUGGER
Beginner

PLUGGER
Posted Nov 12, 2009 - 12:52 PM:

Ah bravo, thanks Paul
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.