Autogenerate Accounts

Comments on Autogenerate Accounts

Agent

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 25
Agent
Posted Mar 16, 2007 - 6:14 PM:

I would consider this a bug/un-finished option.

There are two automatic account creation check boxes.

1.) Autogenerate Accounts

2.) Treat emails as usernames

When using/checking Autogenerate Accounts.. If I turn off/un-check the option to treat emails as usernames, the script still uses their email account for their usernames. This presents a problem for privacy reasons, their email account is shown everywhere where a username is normally shown publicly, the user list, etc.. Spiders will pick their names up and spam, etc..

Using the script in this fashion should create a unique username out of letters and numbers. I want to auto-generate accounts but not if their username has to be their email account.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 16, 2007 - 7:47 PM:

Replace
$m->name = $thislink->email; 
with
if ($switches['emaillogin']) $m->name = $thislink->email; 
else $m->name = current(explode('@', $thislink->email)) . trimtochars(md5(time()), 4);
in suggest.php.
Agent

Agent
Posted Mar 16, 2007 - 11:48 PM:

If a user account is created like this and the user returns a week later to subit a new link.Will the script still detect the users account upon another automatic entry? Will this automatically detect the user account upon entry by email still?
Agent

Agent
Posted Mar 18, 2007 - 1:38 AM:

Your fix seems to work great .. Not sure about my question though, time will tell ..
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 18, 2007 - 11:00 AM:

It should get assigned properly if the email is the same.
Agent

Agent
1 of 1 people found this comment helpful
Posted Mar 24, 2007 - 5:29 PM:

Actually, while entering multiple links here, the system is creating accounts for each entry, even if the user has an account with the same email.

I think the only way it works correctly, is if your logged in as say John Doe, and entering new links for John Doe, then it works fine submitting multiple links, assigning them to the John Doe account.

But if your signed in as the Admin, submitting multiple links, the software does not recognize earlier email account entries and assign them to the account for said entry.

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 25, 2007 - 6:42 PM:

Tested, it works perfectly for me. Submitted as a guest with the email on an account and it ended up owned by that account.

But if your signed in as the Admin

If you're signed in as a member naturally the link will belong to you, that's how it logically should be and it's not going to change.
Agent

Agent
Posted Mar 26, 2007 - 8:49 PM:

So for automation purposes, you would need to log out of any account, submit link details, log out, submit link and so on.

I think I'll just stay logged in as Admin, submit links, only submitting links without a current email in the database.

Thanks..
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 27, 2007 - 3:45 AM:

Or just have a guest browser window, I always test things as an admin in Opera and a guest in Konqueror.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.