Register Log In

Bad Error plesae help!

Comments on Bad Error plesae help!

URL Direct

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 26
Posted Dec 20, 2005 - 10:22 AM:

Hi after 8 months work I was about to launch my directory, but as usual nothing is easy for memad

In my control panel I deleted a phbb forum i created and i was also logged into my ftp as at the same time. After checking my site I noticed no pages load. For instance on the home page I now get this.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 82

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php:82) in /home/url57460/public_html/prestart.php on line 123

Warning: mysql_list_fields(): Unable to save MySQL query result in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 29

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 31

Warning: mysql_list_fields(): Unable to save MySQL query result in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 29

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 31

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 82

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 226

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/url57460/public_html/classes/database.php on line 69

WSN Links is unable to render this page. The reason is described below:
Cannot extract data from the database.
It seems that although we established a database connection we aren't able to access the database itself. It could be that the database is down (ask your web host about this), or that the mysql user doesn't have proper permissions to acces the database.

Version info: WSN Links 3.16

If you are not the administrator of this site, please report this error to the administrator.

Now Im guessing theres something wrong with my database.php file but thing is I didnt touch it! All I did was delete a directory called Forums. My mysql databse is still there because the new forum i installed works, just not my WSN Links.

Can anyone help? If I upload a older database.php file I have to my current wsn links dir will I lose everything Ive created? Would that fix the problem? Thanks for ur help.
URL Direct

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 26
Posted Dec 20, 2005 - 4:15 PM:

Oh yeah and also in my c-panel when I click MYSQL databases it says this:

Connection Strings

Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:url57460_phpbb2:localhost","url57460_phpbb2","<PASSWORD HERE>");

PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "url57460_phpbb2", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("url57460_phpbb2");
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 3:57 AM:

You should read the pinned thread and follow the mysql procedure there, but in this case I can guess that your database info is simply incorrect or the database is down, as it says there itself.

You mysql username and pass are correct, it states, but that does not let it into the database. Either you didn't assign the user to the database or the database is down or nonexistant. If you can't handle it ask your web host.

Im guessing theres something wrong with my database.php file

No, don't make random guesses, read what it says there at the bottom and in the pinned thread.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.