Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 107
Posted Aug 14, 2005 - 2:40 AM:

Hi,

I am considering WSN links for my site.

What are the main differences between basic and pro? Does the free version still function ok? I mean their are no limits or anything or there?

Can it still be skinned?

Thanks
Jon
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 14, 2005 - 6:04 AM:

Some of the admin panel feature are disabled but the template system works just the same as the full version. You could just look at the admin demo, really, to see... but the limits are summarized at the bottom of www.wsnlinks.com/basic/inde...index.php?section=features

It should also be noted that the basic edition is version 3.16, whereas the full version is 3.24. There are no plans to update the basic edition to the 3.2x series anytime soon, thus the 3.2-specific bits of the manual don't apply to it.
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 107
Posted Aug 14, 2005 - 6:09 AM:

Hi,

Thanks for the response, do you have to use the sponsored links feature etc, I only breezed through the demo and couldn't see whether that feature could be deactivated.

Also if I installed the free version and then bought the pro version, is it easy to upgrade from the free version, ie will it keep categories I have created, templates etc?

It is because I am thinking of downloading free to have a play around with it and get pro on Friday.

Thanks
Jon
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 14, 2005 - 7:38 PM:

The free version is older so its templates are out of date, thus they would be lost on an upgrade. Everything except templates upgrades fine.

I think sponsorship is deactivated, but click 'sponsorship' in the admin demo to find out.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.