Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Calendar Questions (or requests)
Is this possible?

Comments on Calendar Questions (or requests)

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Mar 11, 2010 - 8:08 PM:

email me if you want to view the site directly. I don't want the url search indexed on google.

ISSUE 1 - SOLVED

[I SCANNED EVENT.PHP AND FOUND action=findevent&id= Maybe add this to the manual?] --- Note, the link only works ONCE. Once you edit an event, the date reverts to the first of the month, no matter what you try to set it as. Editing the event does not change the end date which always seems to be the first of the month. This causes the link calendar.php?action=findevent&id=# to load the main calendar, not the event. Also, when you click on the first of the month, the event isn't listed.

How do I link directly to the event id? I've tried calendar.php?id=6, no luck and nothing in the manual to suggest it's possible.
Reason: Added an event field that lists the owner's listings so that I can link their events to their listing.

When I do link to the listing trying to pull up the day:
calendar.php?id={EVENTID}&dayID={EVENTDAYID}&monthID={EVENTMONTHID}&yearID={EVENTYEARID}

becomes:

calendar.php?id=THECORRECTIDNUMBER&dayID=BLANK&monthID=BLANK&yearID=BLANK

Here's my toplist on the details page that I'm using:

<!-- BEGIN TOPLIST -->
<CONFIG>calendar[,]id[,]5[,]descending[,]ownerid={LINKOWNERID} and forlisting={LINKID} [,][,]0[,]0[,]0[,]0[,][,]0[,]0[,][,]0[,][,][,]</CONFIG>
<div style="border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc;width:95%;margin-bottom:10px;">
<b>Event:</b> {EVENTTITLE} - <a href="calendar.php?id={EVENTID}&dayID={EVENTDAYID}&monthID={EVENTMONTHID}&yearID={EVENTYEARID}">Calendar Link</a><br>
<b>Date:</b> {EVENTSTARTDATE} - {EVENTENDDATE} <br>
<b>Time:</b> {EVENTBEGINSTIME} - {EVENTFINISHESTIME}<br>
<b>Description:</b> {EVENTDESCRIPTION}
</div>
<!-- END TOPLIST -->

It's working great as in when ever a user creates a calendar and links it to one of their listings, it appears on the details page....but I can't link to it to send them to either that day or the individual event id. Can this be done? How hard would that be to do?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ISSUE 2

A user can submit a time in the format start time 2:00 PM and end time 3:00 PM but when you try to edit the event, the start and end time fields are replaced with 00:00:00 and 15:00:00. Can they be replaced with exactly what the user typed in there? This messes up the event if they don't see the change and press submit. Numerous editing attempts result in the wrong times being listed...in military time as mentioned 00:00:00 and 15:00:00 .
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Mar 11, 2010 - 9:01 PM:

Odd.

haven't done anything but add extra fields and calendar.php is shooting out errors. Could be a temporary server issue? It's only occurring on the current month. When I switch to april it's gone.

Error occurred at joluna.com/dir/calendar.php...php?monthID=03&yearID=2010 on 2010-03-12 04:58:18. Error text: Error #2: 'mktime() expects parameter 6 to be long, string given' in /home/jolunac1/public_html/dir/classes/activecalendar.php on line 572.
Step 1 of backtrace:
File: /home/jolunac1/public_html/dir/classes/activecalendar.php
Line: 572
Function: mktime
Arguments: 0 0 1 03 1

Step 2 of backtrace:
File: /home/jolunac1/public_html/dir/classes/activecalendar.php
Line: 166
Function: mkActiveTime
Arguments: 0 0 1 03 1
Class: activecalendar

Step 3 of backtrace:
File: /home/jolunac1/public_html/dir/calendar.php
Line: 289
Function: setEvent
Arguments: 03 1
Class: activecalendar

-------------------------------------------------------
EDIT IT'S REPAIRED ITSELF

I deleted events and there must have been one that was corrupted, once it was deleted, the month displayed normally with no errors. Adding new events did not seem to trigger it again.

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.