Comments on Can not delete category

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Mar 04, 2007 - 2:13 AM:

I have just upgraded http://www.thehorsescene.co.uk from 4.00rc to 4.0.18 in preparation of launching. I have been moving, deleting, creating categories. But when I try to delete the category Books, it says it's deleting it, then it refreshes and says it's restoring, then deleting then restoring until I click stop!!

I have attached two debug files - one that says it has deleted and one that says it has restored.

Attached Files:
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Mar 04, 2007 - 3:13 AM:

Managed to solve this by deleting it from the admin side!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 05, 2007 - 12:56 AM:

Can't reproduce. What browser are you using? What do you have set as where to go after deleting a category on the manage redirects page? You haven't posted the redirect url in the html, which is presumably the issue.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Mar 05, 2007 - 1:17 AM:

Paul wrote:
Can't reproduce. What browser are you using? What do you have set as where to go after deleting a category on the manage redirects page? You haven't posted the redirect url in the html, which is presumably the issue.

Browser = IE7

Redirect: Haven't changed it so it is the default "index.php?action=displaycat&catid={PARENT}"

Not to worry Paul - managed to delete it in the end so not a problem. I haven't had it with other cats so perhaps it was just a glitch with that one?

Thanks
DR
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 41
Total Comments: 115
DR
Posted Mar 06, 2007 - 4:50 PM:

If memory serves me correct - I had the same problem[ it only happened once ] but it was when using 4.0.7.

I believe after it happened to me - I was sure that I always did "only" "hard" deletes ...

and then checking with phpmyadmin - to be sure - it really was "deleted" from the database

DR

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.