error upon saving

Comments on Cannot edit

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Jan 01, 2009 - 11:31 AM:

What would cause me to longer be able to edit my templates?
Went in to do some editing this morning and the only template I could edit was the "wrapper".

All other templates throw an error upon saving or reload.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@finsandfur.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.raised eyebrow
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 02, 2009 - 9:23 AM:

That would tend to be a file permissions issue. If you don't have suPHP, then permissions become an issue if you ever uploaded anything via FTP. The files in your template set should have 666 permissions in that case. That's set automatically if you have your FTP info entered and your host supports that.

Go to one of your template files in your web browser directly and see what message you get. I'm guessing 403 forbidden.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Jan 02, 2009 - 10:46 AM:

When I go to a template file via the browser I get a save as option to download it.

The templates all have 644 permissions but even after chmodding them to 666 or 777, it still wont allow the edit.
The wrapper.tpl file that I can still edit has 777 permissions on it and it allows the edits.

I do have the FTP info entered and correctly because I've been doing the auto-updates with it. But now I've had to revert to editing the files via an external FTP program, which still uses the same logon info.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 06, 2009 - 4:27 PM:

Is the path to your attachments directory correct at Admin -> Settings -> System? If that were wrong then page 2+ of all your categories would be broken too.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Jan 06, 2009 - 4:39 PM:

Yes, the path is correct, and page two of the catagories works as it should.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 10, 2009 - 8:51 PM:

I think I saw random errors on submitting forms several years ago when I had a server that was malfunctioning. There's nothing more I can say from a distance though.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.