Can't choose subcategory of:

Comments on Can't choose subcategory of:

mindfusion
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
Posted Nov 01, 2008 - 2:48 PM:

Just upgraded to latest version of WSN and working on upgrading an old site.

I've installed into a brand new directory completely separate from the old site and I am adding new categories. I can add Top Level categories, but the when trying to change the dropdown list from Top Level to a subcategory they are all bold and I can't select them. Is this some kind of javascript problem on my end that I need to upgrade to?

I tried changing a bunch of the switches under category but no difference. Any ideas?
PS. Using Firefox but checked with IE 7 as well.
mindfusion
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
Posted Nov 02, 2008 - 2:00 AM:

Ok after installing a brand new version and comparing them side by side I found the reason. I don't understand it but under Settings > Links there is an option: Disallow submissions to the top __ levels. I had this set to 1 level deep. I didn't want people adding links to my top categories...

I don't know why this affects me adding subcategories, as I assumed it was for links.. anyway heads up, or if this is supposed to be like this ignore my post. (Took me about 3 hours to figure it out tho.. sad
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.