Location selectors & common categories.

Comments on Categories

Staggerlee
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 2
Posted Nov 18, 2009 - 7:42 AM:

My business directory will focus on the 4 Atlantic Canada Provinces. I am looking for a way to have each of these provinces as a selection such that when a user clicks on a provincial link he will then be shown the various categories available. These categories will be common for each of the 4 provincial selections.

As it now stands, I can only get the provinces to show as category events, which they are not. I have read through the various category posts but am not clear on the correct procedure. Has any one done this and would you share your solution?

Regards,
Paul MacKenzie

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Nov 20, 2009 - 7:19 AM:

Wouldn't that just be top level categories for the four provinces, with subcategories for the stuff inside them? Just add the same list of subcategories in each province category. Is there a reason you don't want to do that?

Can you explain what the provinces are if they're not "category events" and what a category event is if it's not another term for a category?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.