Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

category names with - (hyphen)
Missing category - possible bug

Comments on category names with - (hyphen)

Jez
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 130
Jez
Posted Oct 06, 2007 - 2:30 AM:

Hi,

I thought I had posted this here before but obviously hadn't or you might have been able to explain this a long time ago :-)

I noticed on my site www.accommodation-uk.net/wsn that some of the categories are missing when I click them. I just noticed that it's all of the ones with a hyphen (-)

However, if you go a different route to the page it works.

www.accommodation-uk.net/ws...hire/bourton-on-the-water/ does not work (The requested page does not exist.)

www.accommodation-uk.net/ws...displaycat&catid=10556 works fine.

I am guessing that perhaps this is an issue you have addressed in later versions of the script, Paul? Is it a .htaccess issue?

Regards,

Jez.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 06, 2007 - 7:14 AM:

Sounds like an .htaccess problem. Are you letting it autowrite? Try resubmitting the SEO settings page.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
Posted Oct 06, 2007 - 7:51 AM:

Hi,

Yes, it's set to autowrite. I tried resubmitting and no change.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
Posted Oct 07, 2007 - 3:04 AM:

Hi Paul,

Regarding this problem, I started going through removing all of the hyphens in in the cat names. Seemed to work fine but now I am starting to notice that some of the sub categories are not loading. Here's an example (this was one that was hyphenated) http://www.accommodation-uk.net/wsn/ross-shire/ It's nor on all of the ones that were hyphenated - some are fine.

Hope you can help as I need to make this site live soon (I have been switching scripts)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 07, 2007 - 3:18 AM:

Fixed it to fall back to numeric rewriting when the space-rewriting character is found in the category name.

With the category you've linked, it looks like you changed the category names to add "accomidations" but somehow it doesn't realize that. Can't reproduce the problem, but try regenerating categories.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
Posted Oct 08, 2007 - 12:56 AM:

Ok, that seems to have got it. Thanks. Unfortunately has spawned some new issues! I'll start another thread
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.