Category with no images

Comments on Category with no images

jem71

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 9
Total Comments: 24
jem71
Posted Jan 18, 2005 - 2:20 PM:

Ive got 3 categories and inside each is about 30 sub-categories.

The thing I want to get rid of is on the display category page (displaylink). Because I actually dont have any pics in the categories I keep getting the "no images in this category" message down the bottom of the sub-cat list.

How an get rid of this??? Do I add a dummy image or something??
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 19, 2005 - 2:54 PM:

If you have no images in the category, why in the world do you want it to not admit that there are no images in the category? Anyhow, it's a language item.
jem71

jem71
Posted Jan 19, 2005 - 3:39 PM:

Okay, Ive got a category called "English Zone" then as sub-categories I have a list of 30 camps.

In the display link page I have basically the catgory name ( English Zone) and then all the subcategories are listed but right at the end it says 'no images in this category'. Images are actually placed only in sub-categories.

Id just prefer it not to say this as it looks a bit of place and relevant to anything else on the page.

I know its a language thing but I do need to keep the message because I change it to say 'we need images in this category' etc. when the come across a sub-catgeory that has no images.
jem71

jem71
Posted Jan 23, 2005 - 9:08 AM:

I managed a workaround if anyone ever wants this as well.

Just upload a blank pic without any details, (I used a transparent gif but I dont know if that makes any differance).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.