Comments on Change log

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Change log
Posted May 01, 2013 - 9:24 PM:

Is there a change log available in the admin section that I'm missing? I search the net, the forums, and the KB for answers and found nothing, but one topic 6 or 7 years old saying that there was a change log available in admin.
I'm assuming that whole idea has been abandoned as I dont seem to be able to find it.

I have been known to use the "Release Notes link" as a last resort, but lord have mercy that thing is one step away from being impossible to read. There's no format to it, no puncutation. Last count showed it was over 175,000 characters. The page looks like it's all one sentence. One sentence with over 175,000 characters in it and everything runs together.

Is there another way to view the changes from each version. I always feel like I'm left in the dark and missing altered scripts or added features.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 02, 2013 - 1:22 PM:

The changes list for versions more recent than your present version is always in plain view (see attached screenshot) on the front page of the admin panel, so if you're not seeing it there's probably something wrong with your site. At Admin Panel -> Templates -> Manage Templates -> Admin CP Templates, do you have admin templates that are bolded to mark them as customized? If so, you need to click those and use the "Revert to Standard" option to get the current admin panel onto your site.

Here's a list of all changes since 7.1.0, you can modify the url to change the source version: scripts.webmastersite.net/v...series=71&oldversion=7.1.0

I post single version release notes to twitter sometimes but not as consistently as I should.

Attached Files:
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted May 02, 2013 - 7:27 PM:

Perfect! That url is exactly what I was hoping for.

I want to be able to take a quick look and see what all has been changed fixed or upgraded, or added, without having to turn off auto upgrades just to see the upgrade button and the changes it brings.

No admin templates edits.

Thanks Paul

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.