Register Log In

Changes in submit of links

Comments on Changes in submit of links

OidaHabara

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 15
Posted Dec 27, 2007 - 11:05 AM:

In my customers directory links should be possible to submit only in last level of subcategories = branches. In all other categories it should be impossible and an user should get information about it, if he tries. Can I manage this somewhere, or is there a need of changeing script?

It also should not be allowed to submit any new subcategory, the according link should be eliminated. Also the link *subscribe category*

Finally the form for submitting links should be modified. Some fields should be removed, some should be added.

See screenshots

Of course datas from new fields should come into links.

Can I change the form somewhere, or is there a need of changing script?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 27, 2007 - 2:04 PM:

To not allow submitting categories, go to Admin -> Members -> Manage Usergroups and uncheck the box.

Finally the form for submitting links should be modified.

Set to not allow aliasing in the usergroup permissions. Switch off what you don't want at Admin -> Settings -> Switches. That takes care of everything the visitor sees, but if for some reason you don't want to have options as admin remove anything left over at Admin -> Templates -> Manage Templates -> 'suggest link'.

In my customers directory links should be possible to submit only in last level of subcategories = branches. In all other categories it should be impossible and an user should get information about it, if he tries.

Common request, so I'll put it at Admin -> Settings -> Links in 4.1.23 ("Restrict submissions to the bottom level only?").
OidaHabara

Posted Dec 28, 2007 - 4:26 AM:

Thank you for your help. Partly I could change how I like.

Only the question with new fields is open, I found something in admin, but its too complicated for me. Would you create a custom submit-form?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 28, 2007 - 5:29 PM:

The submit/edit template code for new fields is automatically added into the custom link fields template, and can be copied into the submit link template if desired. If you'd like to hire me for template customization, see scripts.webmastersite.net/w...x.php?section=customcoding and give a description of where the fields should be and what they should look like.
OidaHabara

Posted Dec 30, 2007 - 7:23 AM:

could you please advise costs of changing the form, i you´d add 7 fields, as shown in right screenshot above, beginning with *Name*, ending befor captcha.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 31, 2007 - 4:01 AM:

That should be well under an hour, so $40.
OidaHabara

Posted Jan 01, 2008 - 5:40 PM:

Paul wrote:

In my customers directory links should be possible to submit only in last level of subcategories = branches. In all other categories it should be impossible and an user should get information about it, if he tries.

Common request, so I'll put it at Admin -> Settings -> Links in 4.1.23 ("Restrict submissions to the bottom level only?").

The problem is solved now with the latest upgrade, but I would prefer, when the user would be advised that he is not allowed to submit a link in this category *before* he has filled all the fields of the form. Best would be if the link *submit a link* only appears in a category where the user is actually allowed to submit.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 02, 2008 - 4:52 PM:

Meant to do that, will for 4.1.25 now.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.