CK Editor No Image Upload

Comments on CK Editor No Image Upload

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Oct 15, 2010 - 8:24 PM:

Although CK editor is a great editor, unlike FCK editor, it does not come with an image uploader, which is a great shame. Do you have any plans to add an image uploader to CK editor in WSN scripts? Their documentation shows that you can use any image uploader with the software, and they even have some software called CK Finder which adds an uploader.

I think the ability to add images in WYSIWYG is desirable, and I imagine for some of the script such as KB and Forum it is essential, so I am really hoping you add an uploader to CKeditor soon.
webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Jan 23, 2011 - 4:31 PM:

Are we going to get image upload in CK editor?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 25, 2011 - 4:25 AM:

CK Finder is commercial, and there's no way I can afford their $1390 OEM license let alone another one for each of the scripts. I'm working on developing my own browser and uploader for it, but it's very complicated and time-consuming.

Maybe the most realistic approach is to require uploading the regular way, but allow browsing those uploaded files through ckeditor. But that means that they have to wait for it to upload before they can find it in ckeditor... not a big issue for the flash-based bulk uploader, but more of an issue for the jquery-based uploader that doesn't upload until the form is submitted.

You can always use [image]filename.jpg[/image] to show an uploaded image.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.