Details pages

Comments on Costom templates

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Nov 30, 2006 - 3:14 PM:

If I am using the URL rewrite, how do I link to a custom template and wrapper for details pages?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 02, 2006 - 2:51 AM:

Add the custom parameters to the non-rewritten version (which is always available even when using url rewriting), which for the link details page is link.php?action=detail&id={LINKID}
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Jan 11, 2007 - 12:45 AM:

Paul wrote:
Add the custom parameters to the non-rewritten version (which is always available even when using url rewriting), which for the link details page is link.php?action=detail&id={LINKID}

I have just turned rewriting on and then regenerated everything. I have certain categories going to a custom details page which worked fine before turning rewriting on. Now I just get a 404 error. Those not going to the custom details page work fine.

This is the url it gives after rewrite...

www.thecanaandog.co.uk/deta...om=yes&TID=detailsdogs
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 12, 2007 - 6:30 AM:

Fixed. You can also workaround it by putting custom=... first in the url meanwhile.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 14, 2007 - 12:54 AM:

Paul wrote:
Fixed. You can also workaround it by putting custom=... first in the url meanwhile.

Just upgraded to 4.0.11 but it still doesn't work.

I tried putting the custom.. first but that doesn't work either - I end up with the url: www.thecanaandog.co.uk/cust...ils/velikayas_rehitsa.html
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 15, 2007 - 12:09 PM:

That's because you're not typing a legal url. You need a file name before you can pass parameters to it, be it index.php or link.php, and then a ? before you add any URL parameters. Read the manual entry on custom templates: scripts.webmastersite.net/w..._Custom_Templates-153.html
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 16, 2007 - 1:19 AM:

so is using <a href="{LINKDETAILSURL}&custom=yes&TID=detailsdogs"> is wrong and I must enter the actual url?

But using link.php?action=detail&id={LINKID}&custom=yes&TID=detailsdogs doesn't rewrite though, so if that's right then there's not a lot of point in me using rewrite then for this.

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 17, 2007 - 6:55 PM:

It can't magically guess how you would want it to rewrite, of course. If you really want to rewrite custom urls then you can create a rule for it in your htaccess.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.