Starship-Trooper
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 84
Posted Feb 11, 2007 - 6:46 AM:

Hello,
I don't get this on my own, maybe someone has done this before:

Lets say I have 3 link types. None of them should be regular. The User should have to select one of these.
Questions:

a)In "suggest link" how can I default the field "link types" to ZERO, so he has to click it to get the pulldown? This has the reason that otherwise a user might use the default setting of this accidently.

b)how do i set that the "suggest link" form makes it neccessary for the user to select ne of the 3 link types, not as an option? Maybe this automatically works if i get a) done?

c)does it hurt if i delete type "regular" from the link types list in the link settings, and put therefore 3 other types there?

Many thanks & Regards, Starship-Trooper
Starship-Trooper
Experienced

Posted Feb 12, 2007 - 11:09 AM:

now, again, this is stupid, i don't get it.

in suggestlink.tpl, i see:
<IF 0>

If i change the content to the follwoing (adding <option value=""..), I hoped that this would work and give me a default link type of NULL, such a "please select something" entry.

<tr>
<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">{LANG_SUGGESTLINK_TYPEOFLINK}:</span></td>
<td class="optionscolumn"><select name="type">{TYPEOPTIONS}<option value="">please select</option></select></td>
</tr>

But
a) I'm not sure if this entry is correct anyhow
b) "regular" will still be the default, on top of list

How do i get this otherwise?

And again, I wonder what to do with "regular and recip" in the settings and in the displaylinks.tpl
Should I get rid of them everywhere, and just use my own 3 link types, or are they neccessary for WSNLinks to work properly?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 13, 2007 - 12:26 AM:

Deleting the regular link type causes you needless extra template editing work for no purpose, but you can do it.

There has to be a link type, so if none is selected it chooses the first one. I'll consider your suggestion for the future.
Starship-Trooper
Experienced

Posted Feb 13, 2007 - 5:21 AM:

Thanks for your answer.

< There has to be a link type, so if none is selected it chooses the first one.

so, maybe it is possible to create the first link type with a value NULL or so, so the system will reply to submit a "real" link type? anything?

< Deleting the regular link type causes you needless extra template editing work for no purpose, but you can do it.

I i have to edit the templates anyhow, as I will change the display of the link types. so i now understand that i might just get rid of regular(and recip), also in the templates (it was only displaylinks/search/search all, yes?), but therefore add my own types there (as a modified copy) and that should work fine...
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 14, 2007 - 11:20 PM:

Actually on checking it looks to me like if you have type selected as a required field it will give the incomplete prompt on a blank... though it wouldn't on a second submit, will change that part.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.