shlomot
To the here and now !

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 15
Total Comments: 49
shlomot
Posted Mar 03, 2008 - 7:31 PM:

Hello,

I just created my first category. It is fully accessible with regular URL (query parameters), but I'm getting 403 when visiting the friendly URL that was generated by the system when SEO URLs is switched on.

What should I do or check? Thank you.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 04, 2008 - 6:37 PM:

Do you get an error message when turning on URL rewriting? Have you set any custom values there? What's the content of your .htaccess?
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
Posted Mar 04, 2008 - 9:05 PM:

1. The error message occures ONLY when turning on URL rewriting. For example: The Britney Spears category shows OK when using the direct link with query parameters, but issues an 403 when setting URL rewriting on.

2. I checked with the host and the apache mod_rewrite is on and file permissions for .htaccess and directory are OK.

3. I didn't twick any custom values in the SEO Settings panel, so I guess that there are no custome values in the .htaccess file.

4. Here's the .htaccess content:

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.+[^/])$ $1/ [R]

RewriteRule ^admin/?$ admin/index.php

RewriteRule ^members/([0-9]+)\.html?$ memberlist.php?rewritten=1&page=$1
RewriteRule ^members/([-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+)-([0-9]+)-trader\.html?$ trader.php?rewritten=1&id=$2 RewriteRule ^members/([-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html?$ memberlist.php?rewritten=1&action=profile&id=$2
RewriteRule ^members/?$ memberlist.php?rewritten=1 RewriteRule ^help/?$ help.php?rewritten=1 RewriteRule ^help/([-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+)/?$ help.php?rewritten=1&action=showcat&name=$1
RewriteRule ^help/([-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+)/{HELPITEMTITLE}-([0-9]+)\.html?$ help.php?rewritten=1&action=showitem&id=$3

RewriteRule ^tags/([a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ search.php?rewritten=1&filled=1&action=filter&whichtype=links&tagscondition=like&tagssearch=|$1|

RewriteRule ^[-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+/[-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+-([0-9]+)-thread-([0-9]+)\.html?$ comments.php?rewritten=1&id=$1&page=$2
RewriteRule ^[-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+/[-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+-([0-9]+)-thread\.html?$ comments.php?rewritten=1&id=$1 RewriteRule ^[-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+/[-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+-([0-9]+)-thread\.html?$ link.php?rewritten=1&action=detail&id=$1
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catid=$1
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catid=$1&page=$2
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/sp([0-9]+).htm$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catname=$1&subpage=$2
RewriteRule ^([-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+)/?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catname=$1
RewriteRule ^([-_/\+A-Za-z0-9]+)/([0-9]+)\.html?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catname=$1&page=$2
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
Posted Mar 05, 2008 - 10:40 PM:

Hello Paul,

Days are going by and the problem is still there (:

I was looking for some secured area in my CP or to PM you with FTP information but there is no such place and you do not accept PMs.

So I guess that I need to ask from you for a "free installation" as promissed on your site in order to get things moving.

Here it goes: Please install WSN Links on Celebrities Galore and please make sure that SEO features work properly. Also, please instruct me on how to fetch you our FTP and MySQL information.

Would you like me to delete the installed script first and clean the already functioning database?

Thank you!
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 06, 2008 - 5:45 PM:

The problem in the .htaccess file is {HELPITEMTITLE} being written out literally. Confirmed and fixed this bug for 4.1.33.

I don't accept PMs because having people ask me things in two places is enough without adding a third. Use the form if you want to request installation: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...ustom=yes&TID=installation
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
Posted Mar 06, 2008 - 8:23 PM:

Please either:
  1. Post here an attachement or download link to the new and improved .htaccess file, or
  2. Provide instructions for string replacement in the file, or
  3. send a zipped file to my email address

Thank you.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 08, 2008 - 8:51 PM:

Click "upgrade" on the front page of your admin panel. Then, once upgraded, go to the SEO settings page and submit it.
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
Posted Mar 08, 2008 - 9:00 PM:

Thank you, Paul.

However, I was asked to submit my member area login password. Upon submission, the following error occured:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to  allocate 9680 bytes) in  /home/b/4/9/17629/17629/public_html/includes/filefunctions.php on line  516

The second time around, I no longer had to submit member identification and I just received that very same error.

Paul wrote:
Click "upgrade" on the front page of your admin panel. Then, once upgraded, go to the SEO settings page and submit it.

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 10, 2008 - 7:05 PM:

Forward this to your web host and ask them to increase the memory allowed in php.ini. If they're not willing to do that, simply getting them to update to PHP 5 (or tell you how to access a PHP 5 option they have) should save enough memory to under the limit (PHP 4 is a real memory guzzler, especially with the script being optimized for PHP 5).
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 10, 2008 - 8:07 PM:

Thanks. I forwarded the issue to Hostway.com
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 11, 2008 - 9:15 AM:

Dear Paul,

Hostway support returned the following answer: The php.ini file is located in your cgi-bin underneath your www folder. You have access to it to download it and update the file as necessary. Please add the code line of memory adjustment to the php.ini so that you will no longer receive this error.

The content of the php.ini file is as follow:
cgi.fix_pathinfo=1
extension=curl.so
extension=domxml.so
extension=imap.so
extension=mcal.so
extension=mcrypt.so
extension=mhash.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=xslt.so
extension=gd.so

Can you please instruct me about what to do next? Thank you.
Paul
developer

Paul
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 12, 2008 - 3:40 AM:

Add this line:

memory_limit = 16M
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 12, 2008 - 3:48 AM:

Thanks Paul.

I added this thread just in case other members face the same problem
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 12, 2008 - 4:21 AM:

Sorry, Paul, but the version upgrade didn't solve the SEO-friendly URL issue.

What's the next step?
Paul
developer

Paul
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 13, 2008 - 2:31 AM:

Did you submit the SEO settings page as mentioned earlier? It won't recreate the .htaccess until you do.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.