Comments on Fatal error: mime_content_type

RF

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 19
RF
Fatal error: mime_content_type
Posted Oct 19, 2011 - 9:43 AM:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/classes/attachment.php on line 172

Had a recent server move/upgrade by my host. From what I googled & from php.net below, appears this function is no longer supported on my new server.
php.net - "This function has been deprecated as the PECL extension Fileinfo provides the same functionality (and more) in a much cleaner way."

Is there a solution other than removing/comment out that part of the code. Also, not sure why - line170 if (functionwillwork('mime_content_type')) is not working as this should of been the solution?

Thanks in advance. - Rich
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 19, 2011 - 5:24 PM:

While the function is depreciated, the PHP manual page suggests it should still be present in PHP 5. Yet on some hosts it seems not to be for whatever reason. I see the fileinfo PECL extension is enabled by default for PHP 5.3, but not earlier versions, and many/most are still on PHP 5.2. I will look into adding support for that and having it check if those functions exist though, and hope that test works better than the mime_content_type test. Whether that will help you I don't know -- probably not, I think if you had the fileinfo extension you'd also have the mime_content_type.

The functionwillwork check is supposed to be the solution, yes. Aggravatingly, different hosts have different strange ways of blocking functions. If you could show me a copy of the phpinfo for your host (click view phpinfo on front page wsn admin panel or make a <?php phpinfo(); ?> file) I might be able to determine what they're doing from that, but FTP access would give me the best chance to work it out: http://www.wsnlinks.com/inspection.html
RF

RF
Posted Oct 20, 2011 - 11:19 AM:

Thanks Paul for the quick reply/update.

I see the latest wsnlink update today has added support for the finfo_open. Appears both mime_content_type() and finfo_open are both disabled/not installed on my shared server (still on PHP 5.2.17) as I now get the fatal error for undefined function for finfo_open. I opened a ticket with my host to inquire as this is not a bug/issue with wsnlinks, but with what my host has enabled.

I'll update once they respond. Thanks -Rich

RF

RF
Posted Oct 29, 2011 - 3:05 PM:

Paul, just for topic closure. My host provider replied with the below. With the last update, I believe everything is working without error.

The original mime_content_type() function was removed in recent versions of PHP in favor of the fileinfo PECL module. Open a ticket with support, they should be able to get it installed for you.

Thanks, Rich
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.