Feature Request - Article Notification
Digest version of new articles.

Comments on Feature Request - Article Notification

AutumnWindz

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 46
Posted Feb 01, 2008 - 4:32 PM:

You have a subscription option for comments to be received in a daily digest and that will finally become of some use to me in the new application where I expect to have a lot of comments posted.

So, would it also be possible to have this digest feature available for new article (link) posts? The newspaper site averages just over 400 new articles each week and the new site I am working on will also have quite a high number. This had long been a frustration for those on the newspaper site that want to keep up to date but don't like getting 50 to 100 emails a day.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 02, 2008 - 7:01 PM:

The articles use the digest too. The option simply says "Subscription Notification Frequency:", it doesn't say anything about comments.
AutumnWindz

Posted Feb 02, 2008 - 7:34 PM:

Really, I did not realize that. I know I had tried that before and it didn't work but that was several years ago. So, I will set one of my accounts to receive digest and see if it will work now.

Ok, so now if this works then that means that I really have to get the newspaper site updated. I was hoping to put it off for a while but you have already added another feature I had requested long ago that I haven't put into use yet and if this digest version really works for the articles then I need to get moving on the upgrade from 2.x to 4.1.20. Like I didn't have enough to do!

BTW, thank you. I do appreciate all of your assistance.
AutumnWindz

Posted Feb 04, 2008 - 3:07 PM:

This does not appear to be working - at least not for me in 4.1.21. I have a member account with a different email address setup, I set 'Receive e-mail notification of all new articles added to the directory' to 'Yes' and I set 'Subscription Notification Frequency' to 'daily digest'. New articles have been added every day and still no notification in the form of a daily digest. I do get the individual notifications on my administrative account (which has a different email address), but not on the member account set up to receive the digest. Now, I am receiving the 'Notify of articles matching keywords' email each day, but not the daily digest of all new articles. Is there something I am overlooking?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 16, 2008 - 9:57 PM:

The "notify of all articles" part was broken. Fixed.
AutumnWindz

Posted Feb 21, 2008 - 9:02 PM:

Thank you, this feature works perfectly now!
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.