babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Jan 22, 2009 - 6:41 AM:

Hi Paul

I'm trying to install the latest version on my local computer but having no joy using the autosetup.php. I have always simply downloaded the program and installed it myself, but see that you are not putting the script in the members' area for download anymore. Any chance of reinstating this for those of us who have probs with autosetup?

Jill
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 3:33 PM:

It's right there, but it's linked under the "upgrade" bullet points. I would far prefer that you use my free installation service, though, if your site does something that the autosetup needs to be adjusted for. I'm losing sales from anyone else with your sort of setup.
babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 11:23 PM:

oh silly me - I saw upgrade from 4.1 and thought it was just for the 4.1 series!!!cool

I always set a new install up on my local computer first. If I try using the autosetup.php all I get is "Installation failed. Deleting."

The check at the top states...

Output buffering - pass
PHP version 5.2.6 - pass
Remote URL functions - pass
Apache mode with FTP extension - pass
WINNT - acceptable but not optimal
GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible) - pass

I don't know what WINNT is or how to make it optimal

I have just tried again to use autosetup online and this time it worked, but still doesn't on my local
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 24, 2009 - 8:02 AM:

WINNT is the Microsoft Windows operating system. I don't have a Windows computer so I can't test that, though I don't see why it should be a problem, unless the file path is being defaulted wrong and you're not correcting it.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.