Comments on Get rid of unnedded querys

Philarmon
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 8
Posted Apr 13, 2005 - 11:04 AM:

Hi !

I have a large database with 150.000+ links and 8.000+ categories. I want to add even more data - there will be over 300.000 links, but i see that i am having problems with the page loading speed.

As of now, the category pages need 4-6 seconds to load - this is too slow anyways and i can imagine what happens if i will have even more links. I see, however, that the most time is used to do unnecessary database queries and i would like to try exclude them.

Take a look at all queries starting at 0.82 seconds - all produce 0 results ! I would like to eliminate them somehow if i would know where they are.

Load time so far: 0.34 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,parent,validated,description,time,parentnames,parentids,numlinks,hide,lastlinktime,custom,lastedit,moderators,headerinfo,related,numsub,type,permissions,subscribers,subscriber,mixtypes,isalbum,orderlinks,totalcomments,ulsearchmax,ulsearchquery,ulsearchadult,alias,catcols,linkcols,dmozpath,sponsorlinks,views,customwrap FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE id=20 ;

Performing query: LOCK TABLES wsnlinks_email WRITE, wsnlinks_links WRITE, wsnlinks_categories WRITE, wsnlinks_members WRITE;

Performing query: SELECT id,`to`,subject,message,headers,replacement,mime FROM wsnlinks_email WHERE timesent=0 ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 0,10;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #41

Performing query: UNLOCK TABLES;

Performing query: UPDATE wsnlinks_categories SET views='81' WHERE id=20;

Load time so far: 0.35 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,parent,validated,description,time,parentnames,parentids,numlinks,hide,lastlinktime,custom,lastedit,moderators,headerinfo,related,numsub,type,permissions,subscribers,subscriber,mixtypes,isalbum,orderlinks,totalcomments,ulsearchmax,ulsearchquery,ulsearchadult,alias,catcols,linkcols,dmozpath,sponsorlinks,views,customwrap FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE parent=20 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY name ASC LIMIT 0,100;

Number of rows is 100 for Resource id #44

Load time so far: 0.81 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=20 AND hide=0 AND validated=1 ;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #45

Load time so far: 1.94 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=20 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND type='regular' ;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #46

Load time so far: 3.09 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=20 AND hide=0 AND validated=1 ;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #47

Load time so far: 3.09 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=20 AND validated=0 ;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #48

Load time so far: 4.27 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_comments WHERE catid=20 AND validated=0 ;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #49

Load time so far: 4.35 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wsnlinks_sessions WHERE 1=1 AND (catid=20 AND memberid>0) ;

Load time so far: 4.35 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,memberid,location,time,ip,browser,starttime,catid,threadid,areaname FROM wsnlinks_sessions WHERE 1=1 AND (catid=20 AND memberid>0) ORDER BY time DESC LIMIT 0,100;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #52

----------------------------------------------------

Also, i see the queries for the userlists and aliases. I have switched both off in the switches, but they are still there. How to eliminate them too ?

Thank you !
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 13, 2005 - 10:56 PM:

0 is a natural result. There's no way to know it'll be 0 until checking.

You have a {REGULARTOTAL} in the template that's causing a long one there I think. Category views (is that switched on?) is causing another.

You don't have any alias-related queries there. As for online users, it ought to not do that but you can take it out of the template to prevent two of those queries.
Philarmon
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 8
Posted Apr 14, 2005 - 3:04 AM:

Paul wrote:
0 is a natural result. There's no way to know it'll be 0 until checking.

I understand that, but its almost identical wueries that will always return 0 as i don't plan to change anything in the future - any chance to exclude them ? Where do they come from ?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 14, 2005 - 6:45 PM:

Most of those are things like emails, subcategories, unvalidated items.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.