Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Google Map problems
The Google Map does not display in sub-categories.

Comments on Google Map problems

jessstryker
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
Posted Jun 19, 2011 - 4:22 PM:

I would like to use the Google Maps feature. I turned on the switches related to Google Maps, and now the Google maps display and show listing locations as they should in the top level categories. See www.irrigationtutorials.com.../wsnlinks/online-supplier/ for an example. So far so good. But now I am stumped.

In the subcategories the Google Maps do not display. See example here:
www.irrigationtutorials.com...or-contractors/california/

In the Admin Panel I have Switches > Links > "Google Map" and "Category Google map" items are both checked and settings submitted.

I've spend 3 days working on this looking for something I am doing wrong. I know one problem is entering the Google API key, but I can't seem to figure out a solution.

I have NOT been able to add a Google API key to WSN Links. I can't find anyplace to enter the API. The instructions say that with Google Map switch on, a box should display at Settings -> System for entering the API code. However I can't find that box anyplace. I have looked in almost all the various settings and switches listed in the left column of the administration pages.

Any suggestions for me on this? Is there a configuration file someplace I can manually hack the API key into?

Jess Stryker
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 23, 2011 - 10:53 AM:

Google Maps v3 no longer use an API key, I'll update those instructions.

www.irrigationtutorials.com...or-contractors/california/ shows no map because there are no complete addresses in that category, only cities without street addresses. The top category shows only the ones that have full addresses. Normally I believe it's assumed that if you don't have a full address you don't want a map pin, since the pin would be deceptively located in the middle of the city. I'll see if there's a tweak or something I can do for that...
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 23, 2011 - 11:23 AM:

Okay I found there's already a tweak for it, called 'geocodezip'. Check the geocodezip box at admin -> misc -> tweaks editor and it'll geocode them even if there's only a postal code.
jessstryker
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
Posted Jun 23, 2011 - 5:39 PM:

Thank you! It didn't even occur to me that there would be no map if there weren't any addresses entered yet. It seems a bit obvious now...
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.