milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 27
Total Comments: 121
Google Maps does not work
Posted Nov 30, 2011 - 5:48 AM:

Hello Paul

The system automatically no longer seeks the latitude and longitude of cities. Google Maps are no longer displayed when I add a new link or when I change it.

Thank you for your response.

Cordially.

Francis
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 01, 2011 - 7:32 AM:

I made a test listing that verified that the maps are showing when I add a listing in 6.2.17 on my own server.

Looking at the HTML source of
www.milouchouchou.com/milan...-marilles-2336-thread.html
it cuts off here:

<div class="adbanner">Query '' failed with error message: "Table 'milouch1_annuaire.php_stats_ip_zone' doesn't exist"

So it looks like your ad banner code is the problem, preventing the rest of the page from rendering.
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 01, 2011 - 7:51 AM:

Thank you for your response Paul

I just remove the PHP code of the banner but the problem remains the same.
It's the same thing on your side?

Francis
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 01, 2011 - 8:30 AM:

Okay now the page is loading. Not seeing why the map didn't work. I entered the same address on my site and it worked, and the geocode request maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=...tput=xml&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 works. I'll have to get the debug mode output to see what the geocode call is returning: http://www.wsnlinks.com/inspection.html
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 01, 2011 - 11:13 PM:

The information is sent
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 02, 2011 - 7:15 AM:

Hello Paul

I removed the link to the statistics and everything seems to function normally.
There was certainly a variable in conflict.
I check all links to be sure that there are no errors.

I'm sorry for abusing your time.
Cordially.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 03, 2011 - 2:31 AM:

It was a javascript stats thing? I suppose a function name could conflict, a bit odd that it'd use the same name as something in google maps though. Or maybe all of the javascript on the site was dead and we didn't notice the other dead spots (like the login link) in which case it could've been a conflict with a WSN function name, which seems more likely and would be something I could eventually do something about, maybe using a prefix on the javascript function names.
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 03, 2011 - 4:21 AM:

The statistics script uses Javascript to detect the type of browser, number of colors, the screen resolution, etc. of the classical statistics.

The administrative template uses two JavaScript functions:
function confirmLink (theLink, msg)
function setPointer(theRow, thePointerColor, theNormalBgColor)

My error, it is in the PHP code of the country's research with the IP address, line 20 in the code below

I do not know if something conflicts with your script ...

if($spider_agent===FALSE && $modulo[7])
{
$ip_number=$ip;
if(
($ip_number>=3232235520 && $ip_number<=3232301055) || //192.168.0.0 ... 192.168.255.255
($ip_number>=167772160 && $ip_number<=184549375) || //10.0.0.0 ... 10.255.255.255
($ip_number>=2886729728 && $ip_number<=2887778303) || //172.16.0.0 ... 172.31.255.255
($ip_number>=0 && $ip_number<=16777215) || //0.0.0.0 ... 0.255.255.255
($ip_number>=4026531840 && $ip_number<=4294967295) || //240.0.0.0 ... 255.255.255.255
($ip_number==2130706433) //127.0.0.1
) $domain='lan';
else switch($option['ip-zone'])
{
case 0: //tramite host
$domain='';
$tmp=explode('.',$Chost);
for($i=count($tmp)-1;$i>=0;--$i){
if(!$tmp[$i]) continue; //esistono domini come 'google.com.'
$domain=$tmp[$i];
break;
}
break;
case 1: //tramite ip2c MySQL
$result2=$php_stats_rec->php_stats_sql_query("SELECT tld FROM $option[prefix]_ip_zone WHERE $ip_number BETWEEN ip_from AND ip_to");
if(mysql_affected_rows()>0) list($domain)=mysql_fetch_row($result2);
else $domain='unknown';
break;
case 2: //tramite ip2c file
$domain=$php_stats_rec->php_stats_getIP($ip_number,23,__PHP_STATS_PATH__.'ip-to-country.db',__PHP_STATS_PATH__.'ip-to-country.idx',2);
break;
}
}

I do not know if something conflicts with your script ...

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 03, 2011 - 5:58 AM:

I don't see anything that would conflict. That PHP isn't going to work though, because there's no definition of the $php_stats_rec is and $ip is never set to anything (and possibly other problems, that's just at a glance).

For the next release I'll add a {THISMEMBERIPCOUNTRY} to show the country (complimenting the existing {THISMEMBERIPLOCATION} that shows their full city region and country), but that'll only work with WSN's native IP to location database ( http://www.wsnlinks.com/geolocation.html ).
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 03, 2011 - 7:49 AM:

I discovered the maxmind geoipcity lite version is free and does a pretty good job, so I'm going to work on integrating that.
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 03, 2011 - 1:39 PM:

In the demo trackipaddresses and Maxmind, the returned address is the ISP and not that of the home.
I made several test and sometimes the result is surprising, for example, my IP, the location is on the other side of Belgium, the country is only just.

I think we should let the visitor enter the address itself.

In my case, what would you advise me to do?

Currently I regenerate geolocation for each link, I tried to regenerate by the administration but it took away more than 700 latitudes and longitudes, it's not really what I wanted.

For my stats, I'll see in the script causing the problem, I will do a backup before testing.

Paul
developer

Paul
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 04, 2011 - 11:04 AM:

Well for me their database shows Placerville, which is about 5 miles from me and isn't the headquarters of Comcast Cable. They only claim accuracy to 20 miles for 80% or something like that though.

There's already a member field for location if the user wants to enter it. And when performing a location distance search, it already remembers the location the user enters and gives that preference over the calculated ip location. There's also the browser geolocation switch option which allows the web browser to transmit their location with approval, but that's really only a good idea for mobile phones since otherwise it can intimidate.

I'm not sure what geolocation you have on links, unless you're talking about the map coordinates. That's done through google. Google has a limit on the number of allowed requests per day, so regenerating with the update map coordinates box correct could run into their limit which might cause problems, I'll add a check that should prevent it from overwriting coordinates when google returns an error.
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 04, 2011 - 11:34 AM:

It is possible that the version member is more efficient than the demo. Anyway, the important thing is to have the country even if the visitor has the correct home address. Finally I think that it will be a plus for your script.

I speak because of card details (latitudes and longitudes), I did not think that Google limits the number of requests, updating some links every night, it works fine and allows me to simultaneously correct some errors.

milouchouchou
Forum Regular

#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 07, 2011 - 2:04 AM:

My stats are working again perfectly and location as well.

The problem was that my database was closed after xxx minutes.

So I added an opening and a selection in my script.

$db = mysql_connect("localhost","login","pass");
mysql_select_db("milouch1_stats",$db);
$sql="SET SESSION SQL_BIG_SELECTS =1";

Thank you for your help.
Cordially.

Paul
developer

Paul
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 08, 2011 - 8:27 PM:

As far as geocoding limits, "Use of the Google Geocoding API is subject to a query limit of 2500 geolocation requests per day. (Users of Google Maps API Premier may perform up to 100000)"

There's also a limit going into effect soon of 25,000 map views (by your visitors) per day, beyond which you have to pay them. code.google.com/apis/maps/d...tion/javascript/usage.html
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.