Or making them not viewable to other usergroups

Comments on Hiding Topics

dreamweaver
Experienced

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 53
Posted May 13, 2005 - 11:35 AM:

When you make a new category and you make it so that, say, the members cannot view it, the Category still appears in the listing (although members cannot view images inside it), which kind of defeats half the point since you most likely don't want that membergroup to know of the category's existence.

Though, also -- if a category is "hidden" from the listing, shouldn't it still be viewable there for the administration? This doesn't really affect me so much, but I think it's an extra hassle for you to have to go through the Admin panel to view it. Though, if the category thing above was done it would kind of make the "is hidden" feature obsolete.

As a last note: not sure if this feature exists, but is there a way to view "all latest comments"? That would be pretty useful; if it doesn't exist that's my feature suggestion wink.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 14, 2005 - 5:21 AM:

Hidden cats are visible to everyone -- guest or admin -- via direct link. That's the purpose of it. Making it show to admins in the list would just cause endless confusion I expect.

As far as restricted cats that's a configurable option in WSN Forum so will be backported in due time.

is there a way to view "all latest comments"?

Use the toplist generator, simply make a toplist of comments by time descending.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.